The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Playing

+8
Wolvieware
dste01
aaroncupboard
PorcusHawk
kerr9000
sorenlorensen
MarkySharky
CPC6128
12 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 8 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Wolvieware Sat May 09, 2015 8:14 am

Now playing Valiant Hearts: The Great War and think it's great after the first few chapters. The comic book art style is good, it's slick and well presented. I love the history to the game and seeing a fair amount being accurately told with facts. This would work well at school! The gameplay is a bit basic platforming and simple puzzles but this isn't a game that rests on its gameplay but it's stories and education.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sun May 10, 2015 10:18 pm

been with the fiance a lot for the last few days but have managed to play the first 2 levels on Splatterhouse (the 2010 version)  It has a lot of faults here and there but I like it... also I have unlocked the original splatterhouse on it which makes me happy as thats always good for a quick go.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Wed May 13, 2015 7:42 am

Went back to Wind Waker HD last night because I fancied playing something a bit different. I always forget how fluid the animation in this game is! Such a joy to play Very Happy
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Wed May 13, 2015 10:18 am

Been playing snippets of retro games at the moment ... I really have just been drifting aimlessly from thing to thing.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Fri May 15, 2015 7:54 pm

Go Go Cosmo Cops on the DS.

It'a alright. One of those games were you quickly play through and then move onto the next game.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sat May 16, 2015 3:00 pm

I'm still playing Shadow of Mordor, which is great.  I've started TLoU remastered too and getting a lot of Mario Kart 8 in since the Animal Crossing dlc game out.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sat May 16, 2015 4:02 pm

Been playing Jewel Master on my megadrive. Also been playing a bit of Splatterhouse and Lollypop Chainsaw on the 360.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sat May 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Now playing Never Alone. The game intrigued me when I heard about it and being a PS+ game has given me the chance to play it. I think the graphics are very striking and it's a nice looking game in its simplicity. Also the platforming is also simple but fun. It does seem to be more about the accompanying documentary than the game however, where you unlock clips by progressing through the game but I will probably watch it otherwise there isn't much point in playing!
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sun May 17, 2015 4:53 pm

I've finished up with my time in Dragon Age multiplayer so have been jumping between a few other things.

Been on a bit of a Fallout kick at the moment and finally finished my replay of Fallout 3, I say finished but I still have some of the DLC to play as well as quite a few places still to explore. I also started a replay on Fallout: New Vegas and was immediately reminded of just how much better it is than the previous game, IMO anyway. So much more going on behind the scenes, more in-depth, better environment and probably a more focused and enjoyable narrative.

I've also briefly dabbled with the beta for Rocket League, which is still open until the 19th and it seems to be a near instant sign-up, in that I got a code as soon as I requested one. Given that I hate soccer (yes, I know Rolling Eyes) and am not a huge racing fan either you wouldn't have thought that a game that combines the two would be so much fun. I am fucking useless at it though but I had an absolute blast, that said, I'm not sure if that will evolve into enough interest for me to purchase the full game. I did manage to score a couple of goals in my last match, albeit in a 6-2 loss in a 3v3 online game which actually ran pretty smoothly for a beta.

I did capture a video of the last match to give some of you an idea (in case you're not familiar with the game) but then realised I couldn't share it because I was on my sub-account. Doh!

I do recommend that others on here give it a look if you get a chance, I'll even be kind enough to post a link for the beta sign-up to save you searching http://psyonix.com/BC2/Invite/RocketLeagueSignupPS4.php?Keyword=PSBlog
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Sun May 17, 2015 8:25 pm

So Wolfenstein The Old Blood is great fun.  It is a real pleasure exploring and fighting through Castle Wolfenstein and some of the design touches have been inspired (for example: early versions of the enemies from The New Order) and I like how there is now a hidden retro level in every chapter.  Shooting is still exceptionally solid and some of the new weapons are wonderful (the rocket launcher pistol being a strong contender for best weapon of the year).  Great stuff so far. 

Also returned to Game of Thrones, the Telltale series.  Finished off episode two, which had some wonderful moments of storytelling and very tough decisions.  
Spoiler:
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun May 17, 2015 11:29 pm

Managed to get some decent time in on Bloodborne over the weekend. Another boss down and a whole bunch of areas explored and plundered!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue May 19, 2015 10:51 pm

Now playing The Witcher III: Wild Hunt. I loved Witcher 2. It came out of nowhere and grabbed me to become one if my most favourite games ever. But it had a terrible opening - a good 5 or so hours or tedium before you got to the good stuff. Fortunately with this game it's been great from the start. It's still not the best introduction to the world or story but once you settle in you see that you can go anywhere almost right away. I've mostly followed the games checkpoints, but sidled off the path at various points to explore. And its already safe to say that it's a joy to go back in this world with Geralt again and I'm already sinking into this game and happy to spend many many more hours here.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sun May 24, 2015 11:39 pm

Now playing Project Cars and have to say I'm disappointed so far. What it gets right is it's fantastic graphics and detailed handling. It feels very sim and lifelike. There's lots of tracks too. And lots of customisation but unfortunately that's what makes the menus a little messy. But what I really dislike is career mode. I hate how it's set up. You sign up for a season in a racing discipline, and have to win the season to get a new contract in another tier. It's just a bit dull and it's a bit boring just doing kart races for the first two hours. Why can't I chop and change? It's a poor single player setup and does actually make be question how long I will be inspired to play in such an uninspired layout. It's a shame as everything else makes this a top racer.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:02 am

So tonight I decided to give Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes a try, as it was the free game of the month. And I turned it off after half hour's play, having had a really shitty time. What a load of crap. Just plonked into the middle of large map, with little objectives. Interactivity with the world seems sparse, and the AI was just rubbish. I worked my way from one end of the camp to the other, but could not enter the prison without getting spotted, got fed up with the alarm going off, and decided to quit. I might come back to it and give it another go, but mostly I thought that was pretty crap.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:59 am

I thought Ground Zeroes was OK but nothing special, can't understand why some people raved over it though. But then, just my opinion, but I've always thought the MGS games were grossly overrated.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:28 am

megablast16 wrote:But then, just my opinion, but I've always thought the MGS games were grossly overrated.

Wolvieware wrote:So tonight I decided to give Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes a try, as it was the free game of the month. And I turned it off after half hour's play, having had a really shitty time. What a load of crap.

Faith in humanity/gamers restored Laughing

Against my better judgement, I gave it an hour of my time on the sub-account the other day. It looks good and controls well but was dull as shit to play, pretty much everything I expected. Rescued Chico but was bored out of my mind so Paz (or whatever the fuck she's called) can stay forever imprisoned.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:00 am

I've only played the Twin Snakes GameCube MGSwhich I actually played in one night when I couldn't sleep and did appreciate it as the classic it was but didn't love it, MGS4 which was a pompous overblown bore fest and Rising Revengeance which has been my favourite. Although unless I go back to Ground Zeroes and change my mind, this is the worst entry that I have played.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:13 pm

The production value is really impressive and I thought the stealth was quite good in the first instance. It falls to pieces when they start spotting you or finding bodies.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:25 pm

You are all dead to me
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 am

I fancied soem handheld gaming yesterday afternoon but my Vita, 3DS and DSi were all powered down (and I don't like being plugged in while playing a handheld game).  I pulled my GBA shoeboxes out of my wardrobe and found that their batteries (I have a GBASP and a Micro) still held a charge despite not being plugged in for months and months - old skool ftw!  Played a bit of the first (Western) Fire Emblem, which was good and the original Advance Wars, which I haven't played for about 10 years.  It was still so good!  Perfect handheld gamin, deceptively simple and with a great graphical style.  Not my favourite in the series (that was Advance Wars DS) but a cracking game and one that is crying out for a 3DS entry.  Can't see it happening with Intelligent Systems working on the next Fire Emblem but I can live in hope...
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Started playing XCOM on my laptop and I am really enjoying it so far despite the step learning curve and overall difficulty. I am quickly learning to save often and to not be afraid of back tracking a few saves so I can plan ahead a bit.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:23 pm

I love the game so much I played it on Xbox 360, ps3 and PC , awesome awesome game
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Now that The Witcher 3 is done (for the time being anyway) and the fact that I don't have a huge backlog on the PS4 I thought it would be a good time to tackle the extensive backlog I have on the PS3. 

As it's also only just over 3yrs since I switched from the 360 to the PS3 I also thought it would be good to revisit some of the games I haven't played in quite some time, many of which were barely touched due to my buying games like a mad thing when I first got the PS3.

So I decided to finally get back to Jak and Daxter (not exactly a PS3 game I know) because I bought the trilogy some time ago and never really played it, although I had already played the first two back in the PS2 days.

And what an absolute pleasure it is going back. I'd forgotten just how fucking good the game is and it still holds up really well today, probably because there's no developers making games like these anymore, which is a real fucking pity.

Only about midway through the first game and it's surprising just how much of it I had forgotten over the years, although it's also a testament to the game just how much I also remember. Put it this way, I'm loving every fucking minute of it.....again.

Inspired by the return to Jak and the aforementioned fact that 3D platformers just aren't made now, I also finally picked up the Sly Cooper trilogy (bargain price of £8.54 on PSN although it won't do my backlog any bloody good). For some reason, I'd always overlooked the Sly games so never played these the first time around, although I did dabble in the PS3 game when it hit PS+, another game I still need to return to.

Made a start on the first game and yes, I'm absolutely loving that too. The gameplay holds up really well by todays standards and the HD remaster has been really well done. Look forward to playing more as well as the rest of the trilogy.

So whilst it was supposed to be a weekend of clearing some of the PS3 backlog, it has been one of enjoying some PS2 classics instead and it has been fucking good fun.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:44 pm

PorcusHawk wrote:Now that The Witcher 3 is done (for the time being anyway) and the fact that I don't have a huge backlog on the PS4 I thought it would be a good time to tackle the extensive backlog I have on the PS3. 

As it's also only just over 3yrs since I switched from the 360 to the PS3 I also thought it would be good to revisit some of the games I haven't played in quite some time, many of which were barely touched due to my buying games like a mad thing when I first got the PS3.

So I decided to finally get back to Jak and Daxter (not exactly a PS3 game I know) because I bought the trilogy some time ago and never really played it, although I had already played the first two back in the PS2 days.

And what an absolute pleasure it is going back. I'd forgotten just how fucking good the game is and it still holds up really well today, probably because there's no developers making games like these anymore, which is a real fucking pity.

Only about midway through the first game and it's surprising just how much of it I had forgotten over the years, although it's also a testament to the game just how much I also remember. Put it this way, I'm loving every fucking minute of it.....again.

Inspired by the return to Jak and the aforementioned fact that 3D platformers just aren't made now, I also finally picked up the Sly Cooper trilogy (bargain price of £8.54 on PSN although it won't do my backlog any bloody good). For some reason, I'd always overlooked the Sly games so never played these the first time around, although I did dabble in the PS3 game when it hit PS+, another game I still need to return to.

Made a start on the first game and yes, I'm absolutely loving that too. The gameplay holds up really well by todays standards and the HD remaster has been really well done. Look forward to playing more as well as the rest of the trilogy.

So whilst it was supposed to be a weekend of clearing some of the PS3 backlog, it has been one of enjoying some PS2 classics instead and it has been fucking good fun.
Sly and Jak are two great franchises! I really wish Sony would do more with them. We are due a new Jak game at this point at least!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Now playing Batman: Arkham Knight and its awesome. Its so good to get back into Batman's shoes! It's as slick and satisfying to play as ever, and its combat still hasn't been bettered. Very much looking forward to this. As for the batmobile, it has a great introduction, but I don't really like the combat mode. Also, I find the controller layout odd, as I want to break with L2, not hit battle mode. It seems to have been used a lot, but I hope this game doesn't just become the Batmobile show. I have been a little disappointed by Gotham. Perhaps after The Witcher anything will look small, but it doesn't seem very big, and it doesn't really look much different from City. But graphically, it looks great, and it has been a while since Arkham Origins, so a lot of fun to be back here. I hope whoever takes the series on from Rocksteady can continue their sterling work.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum