The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Playing

+8
Wolvieware
dste01
aaroncupboard
PorcusHawk
kerr9000
sorenlorensen
MarkySharky
CPC6128
12 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 9 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by megablast16 Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:32 am

You can change the controller configuration so that L2 can be used to break and reverse Wolvie, with R1 to toggle battle mode. The bad news is the Batmobile is used a lot and there are loads of those tank battle sections. A mate of mine calls it Batman: Arkham Tank Simulator.  Very Happy
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:14 pm

I've been playing a lot of Diablo III again recently. Currently running through Hardcore Mode which is good fun despite the looming threat of permadeath!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:32 pm

Have become stupidly addicted to Rocket League which (a) should be a surprise given the genre, or (b) should be NO surprise since I've been singing its praises since loving the beta.

It's just a pity that the servers have taken a hammering since launch as, whilst the offline is decent enough, the real enjoyment in the game is in multiplayer which is an absolute riot when it works. Fair play to the devs, they've been working hard to try to get things on track as well as keeping everyone informed but with the game being free on PS+ (and the fantastic, and well deserved reception) there was no way they could have kept up with demand.

I'm still pretty shit at it but I do feel that I'm getting slightly better, yes there is an element of luck to how things can play out but whilst the game is easy to learn there's a lot depth to the more advanced stuff so skill does play a bigger factor than you would initially think. Much more practise is going to be needed.

Once the server issues are behind us this could well be one of the best multiplayer experiences on PS4 and here's hoping that a few more on this forum are prepared it give it a go as it would be great to see some of you on the pitch (or arena is more appropriate in this case).
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Spurred on by widespread praise I've also given Rocket League a try, and everybody's right it's crazy fun. Simple to pick up and play yet I suspect you could get very skillful at it with practice, I'm not particularly good at it yet but I've still scored a few goals, everybody with PS+ should give it a try. It's also a bit of a Trophy fest too, in my first 3 shortish sessions I picked up 13 of em'!  Cool
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:30 pm

After all this talk I might as well download it and give it a go!
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:48 am

Yeah I have been absolutely loving Rocket League.  It is just ridiculous fun and I really love the simple and quick set up.  Those short games in the season make it a real 'one more go' type of game.  

For all the luck in the game, there is some skill and I already feel like I am improving.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Maybe if this is popular we can see if we can set up a multiplayer session. I still need to try it though!
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Wolvieware wrote:Maybe if this is popular we can see if we can set up a multiplayer session. I still need to try it though!

Good shout Wolvie, I hope I'm not alone but I can see this being my goto multiplayer game for some time yet, although I really need to work on the aerial and striker training because I STILL can't score for shit, if any of us do team up just make sure you're ready to pick up my f'ing rebounds or centred balls :p.

I'll start up a thread in the often overlooked/ignored multiplayer thread, although it may be better for the game to have it's own thread in the main 'gaming' forum, I'll let Cal etc decide.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:40 am

As it seems to be a bit of a checkpoint trend I thought I would give Rocket League a quick go tonight. It's ok I guess. A bit of quick fun but nothing special. It's a bit awkward to play really and just reminds me of Top Gear Football. The AI in single player seems a bit wank with your team mates being shit but the opposing team quite good.  Also got a bit fed up with just simply being shunted out the way by other cars. But it is a game that could be better online so would be willing to hide this a go online if we can get a multiplayer session off the ground.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:29 am

Lately, I've been playing Batman on PS4 and Wind Waker on WiiU, both great (if wildly different!) games.  I also had a go on Rocket League - fun game, though I sucked a bit.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:55 am

I have been playing assassins creed 4 and destiny... yes as normal I am far behind everyone  lol
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Wolvieware wrote:Also got a bit fed up with just simply being shunted out the way by other cars.

Ha! This can get so annoying in online especially when you get knocked about by teammates who forget it's a team game and who'd rather shunt you out of the way to have a crack at goal (even if you're perfectly placed for a good shot). Maybe they just know that I'm likely to miss anyway :p. Should be a lot better with friends as you can communicate better.

As for the AI, I'm not sure what difficulty you're playing on but they are godawful on 'Rookie' and spend most of the game determined to shaft you. It's quite a bit better in 'Pro' although they still have their moments. I've read that they very rarely do that shit on 'All-Star' although I'm really not prepared to face that brutality yet, shit, even the Pro season gave me a few headaches.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm still slogging away at both Diablo III and Batman: Arkham Knight. I'm thinking that I should just bite the bullet and finish the story for Batman because hunting down all the Riddler trophies is draining!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:29 pm

I made a start on The Vanishing of Ethan Carter yesterday and truth to be told, I'm really not feeling it.

I had really been looking forward to it as I've not heard many bad things about it since its PC release but I'm struggling to see what the fuss about. It looks nice enough, is decently atmospheric and very relaxing to play but it's just not gelling with me.

I've heard it's a very short game so I'll continue to give it a chance, however, I'll be really surprised if it manages to win me over during that remaining time.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:11 pm

I've started playing Styx: Master of Shadows during my lunch breaks at work. It's a pretty good old school stealth game with multiple routes and approaches to each area and problem. The major problem with it though is that it is littered with minor bugs to the point where it detracts from the gameplay.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Sonic Advance 2 on GBA.

Starts off easy enough and then by stage five the difficulty ramps up. Still a good game so far though.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:29 pm

I am now playing LittleBigPlanet 3. And, well, its LBP. It starts off with an automatic intro and tutorial, which is annoying being a veteran of the series to still have to sit through that same thing. And It's exactly the same as the last games so far too - I've yet to see anything different that makes it stand out, or as being Next Gen. But then, its LBP, which means cute, fun and imaginative, and I expect it to deliver on all of those things, especially in coop. So a little underwhelming first play, but still good to play something new in the LBP series.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:35 am

Playing and enjoying Rare Replay, it is darn awesome.. Also playing Resident Evil Revelations on my 3ds again really need to knuckle down and finish it so I can play 2
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:36 pm

kerr9000 wrote:Playing and enjoying Rare Replay, it is darn awesome.. Also playing Resident Evil Revelations on my 3ds again really need to knuckle down and finish it so I can play 2
Also made a start on Rare Replay, mainly Conker's Bad Fur Day aka one of my favourite games of all time*! Also had a quick go on the NES Remix style challenges they have made for their older games. They tend to range from "oh this is easy and fun!" to "I WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING!!!"

*The basics of why I love Conker: The humour is crude, the level design is superb and the overall game design is top notch.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:18 pm

Yeah conker is a pretty great game. I have been messing around on nuts and bolts building stuff though and generally messing around on the old games I had as a kid. 

I am away now though visiting my other halfs parents so all I will get in now is most likly the odd bit of Vita playing.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:13 am

Current playlist:

Destiny (PS4)
Forza Horizon (Xbox 360)
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:46 pm

Decided on a whim to start a new playthrough Metal Gear Solid 4 again over the weekend to help me get excited for MGS5 at the start of next month. It has been a good 2-3 years since I played MGS4 and I had forgotten how good it was. I know it is not for everyone but for an MGS fan there are so many brilliant moments and payoffs for long running things in the franchise. Also oddly enough the game's more open approach to area design works really well as a precursor to the open world design of Phantom Pain.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:41 am

I've had limit game time recently (busy at work then on holiday) but I'm playing Codename STEAM on 3DS (which is great, if you like Fire Emblem or Valkyria Chronicles style games (particularly the latter)  and Wind Waker on WiiU and have just started Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.  I've also had a bash at Rare Replay but just the Spectrum games (which hold up surprisingly well, colour clash n all)

I've not managed to play Batman for weeks, unfortunately  Sad
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Been enjoying Dying Light recently.  The free running is great, the city looks lovely and the nightime really is terrifying.  I am just concerned I wont be able to get very far with it as I really suck at combat.  In fact, everytime I turn it off, I am at a point were I have died a few times and I struggle to build up the desire to then play it next time. I know that sounds stupid because when I do play it, I really enjoy it. 

I have also got stuck back into Wolfenstein The Old Blood after The Witcher 3 took all my attention when it came out.  Really good, solid shooter fun.  Great stuff and it is a joy to be in the actual Castle Wolfenstein again.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:59 pm

Started Mafia 2 (PC) again recently. Been in a 'gangster' mood due to watching The Sopranos and Godfather movies again recently.

I don't think I gave this game enough credit the first time around.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum