The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Oldest Gaming Memories

3 posters

Go down

Your Oldest Gaming Memories Empty Your Oldest Gaming Memories

Post by kerr9000 Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:55 am

In the thread were some of us have been introducing ourselves we have said a little bit about how our life of gaming began, what the first thing we played on was etc.

So I thought it might be worth expanding in to a whole topic of its own , giving us a chance to talk about the start of our gaming lives.

For me it all started on a spectrum... I cant remember exactly which one apart from the tape deck and machine were separate. I was 2 and my parents had sat me in front of it to play some kind of educational programs featuring the MR Men. Obviously there was a lot of hand holding and them doing it for me but I can always remember this and I introduced my own daughter to games of a similar type at the same sort of age.

I remember there being a house atari 2600 one of the old wooden looking ones and a house spectrum. We would play the Atari 2600 playing games like Tank and outlaw while more complicated games were loading on the spectrum. When I was in infant school often trips to my friends would involve playing on there c64's and amstrad's and spectrum's, while playing board games between loading sessions.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Your Oldest Gaming Memories Empty Re: Your Oldest Gaming Memories

Post by dste01 Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:25 pm

There is a photo of me somewhere when I was around three years old playing on a Commodore 16.

My first proper experience that I remember though was owning my own NES followed by adding a Game Boy. I remember playing the likes of Mario 3 and Bart Vs the Space Mutants. After that it was when I had to sell my NES to upgrade to a SNES where I still remember sitting on the bus home with my brand new SFII set.  Very Happy
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Some kind of Pong variant and then Commodore Vic 20.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:31 pm

I have a boxed Vic 20 sat on my wardrobe along with 2 carts  Gorf and The Count
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content