The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Playing

+8
Wolvieware
dste01
aaroncupboard
PorcusHawk
kerr9000
sorenlorensen
MarkySharky
CPC6128
12 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 4 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by megablast16 Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:52 am

Far Cry 4 - PS4. Well it's basically Far Cry 3 with a different setting and upgraded graphics but I'm OK with that because I loved FC3. There are still outposts to liberate, radio towers to scale, animals to hunt for crafting, XP to earn to upgrade your skills and another psychopath as an adversary. It's all very slickly done though, the controls are spot on, technically it's very solid and very enjoyable to play. As with all Ubisoft's open world action games there's loads to do, with distractions all over the place, and you often find yourself side tracked en route to a campaign mission. One thing that is new is the gyrocopter, and it's wonderful way to take in the scenery from a birds eye view.

I've only played for about 3 or 4 hours so far but I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in Kyrat.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Still playing The World Ends With You but mainly due to mixing it up with playing Castlevania on the GBA at the same time.

Both can be frustratingly difficult.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:42 pm

I am now playing Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition on PS4. I played and rather enjoyed this game on 360, so have been looking to trying this ultimate edition, and got a quick go tonight. It unfortunately hadn't seemingly downloaded everything, and story mode was in the background, but I got to play the tutorial, and try the STARS Labs missions, which I didn't bother with last time, and have been having a lot of fun with tonight. Short little missions, with varied objectives. I bet they get too hard for me, however. It is a bit disappointing though, as it seems to be exactly the same - the ultimate edition bit is simply the character and skins DLC. So it will be cool to try out the new characters I never saw. That said, when I tried to take it online, I was searching for another player for over 10 minutes, so clearly not that many people online, and then I gave up. Looking forward to playing some more single player though, and may get some online done eventually...
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:16 am

Now playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Now before I start, I'm not actually one to knock the COD games. They have given plenty of entertainment in the past, and the last game, Ghosts, I really liked and was the best game for ages. (To be fair, my criticism is more at the Treyarch games which I think are just shit, and understand my opinion on that is in the minority). So I've been looking forward to this due to the good word of mouth, the good reviews, my own COD experience, and that the last game was good. 

And I really shouldn't have been. Oh my life. Two levels in and I think its a pile of crap. It's just sooooooo boring! I've captured a video of me playing a section of the first level, so you can see how painfully dull it is, despite all the rushing to objectives and explosions. The future set up is lame, and the exo suits really add naff all to the gameplay. I can jump higher, and can rip car doors up. Woo! Ghost Recon does this shit so much better. 

That wasn't even my first thought though - my first thought was how poor the graphics are. This is the furthest from a next gen game I've played all year. It looks crap. Cut scenes are lovely and shiny, then it got in-game, and my disappointment just grew from there. The draw distance is quite nice, but how can the biggest game series on the planet STILL put out sub-par graphics, animations and effects? 

I hope the game improves. But after two levels it has not got off to a great start. Two levels in to Ghosts and I was loving it. It was silly, over the top and was full of set pieces, but it was better than this rather uninspiring walkthrough.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:41 pm

So what you are saying is that you really like it... Laughing 

I've gone back to Final Fantasy III on the DS to try and finish it off at long last.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:50 pm

Im jumping between Ghosts on xbox one, forza 5 ,  Shadows of Mordor on ps4 and Tomb raider on ps4... I got Smash for the Wii but its just not grabbing me
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:09 pm

I had a rare day on Friday of being on my own at home for most of the day and became acquainted with FIFA15 and Drive Club. I have FIFA on 360 (as my regular FIFA buddy hasn't taken the next (this?) gen yet). There's a noticeable graphical improvement, obviously. Gameplay wise tbh I don't think I've played 360 enough to gauge. Keepers seemed a bit off at times though and the fullbacks didn't seem to kick on (unlike every team's FBs in the real world). 

Drive Club looks lush. I suck big time at driving games but I enjoyed the time I spent immensely. 

Friday night I played the latest EDF game on 360, co-op. Massive fun (much more so than the previous game, more like the first 360 game). Looks like shit but the number of enemies and the sheer immensity of the task on some missions is great.

This weekend I've also been playing Trine Enchanted edition, which is the first Trine game remade for PS4 in co-op with my daughter. I loved Trine 2 on WiiU and this is more of the same - physics-based platform ing shenanigans
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Made a brief start on Freedom Wars which was reduced in the PSN '12 Days' promotion (pretty much the only game that interested me through that pitiful event) and I'd been keen on this for a while anyway. 

I've only really dabbled with a couple of early tutorial missions so it's far too early to form any sort of substantial opinions yet. However, combat looks like it may be fun, customisation options appear to be deep and it's an interesting premise to set the scene of the story etc.

One early issue is that the controls look like they may take A LOT of adjusting to. As there seems to be a lot of stuff to learn (especially within the combat) it could well be that once the game as a whole starts to make sense things will, hopefully, fall into place but they certainly aren't immediately accessible.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:43 pm

Right...I am now playing:

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - good fun, as usual, from the Lego games, but this one seems like a step back for the series. It feels more like a classic Lego game in that it has no hub world, but is a series of levels, with story and freeplay modes. This is actually more of a blessing then you might think, as it feels leaner and less cluttered than, say, the Hobbit game with no open world included. I hope this continues to be good throughout, and similar to Marvel, it is utilising the license very well, with over 150 characters/costumes included. 

MotoGP 14 - Decent motorbiking action here, with some shiny graphics. I was very surprised by the amount of options here. Aside the usual career and season modes, there's a very extensive challenge mode, plus a safety car mode. The F1 games could really learn something from the amount of content and ways the game entices you to continue playing career with rewards and levelling up progress. 

Peggle 2 - It's been years since I played Peggle, so it feels very good to be back and playing it again, even if, so far, its just exactly the same as the first game. It doesn't matter. It's still great.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Playing a lot of Far Cry 4.  What a great game.  Played until 3am last night and didn't play any campaign missions all night.  I just dicked around with side missions, outposts, hunting etc.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Haven't had enough time to play much lately... stupid amount of breeding on pokemon omega apart.

I played a little destiny and watch dogs yesterday and I have been playing Game Dev tycoon again. Really need some gaming time.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkstalker90 Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP) - not as good as the original on PS3 but still really enjoyable.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) - 130+ hours logged on this now since the game came out and I can't get enough. Easily the best Tekken since 2 and 3 on the PS1 and the best character roster of any fighting game.

Toejam & Earl III (Xbox) - I really like this game. It looks great, sounds great and just has a nice cool vibe to it. If only the presents power-up system didn't leave the player stuck so often without the right items to get through a level or reach an item.
Darkstalker90
Darkstalker90

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Very little is as good as the first Valkyria Chronicles! I have the PSP sequel but I've never played it
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Currently playing Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir on the DS.

Man it's crap. It's one of those find and click type games but it's just so dull. I started it ages ago but got bored and forgot how bored I had gotten with it when starting up again. I'm on chapter seven of ten so just going to finish it and get rid.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:19 pm

I got MCF: MillionHeir when GAME was nearly closing down because it went down to like 1quid second hand, yeah it is a bit boring not sure if I still have it  lol
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:46 am

I'm playing to many games to list here and my backloggery is now out of control!

The horror. The horror!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:02 am

I know what you mean... around black friday till like the 4th of this month I got so many new games its unreal, the main reason them being on sale cheap and also me ending up with about 60quid of amazon vouchers.

I got little big planet 3 for 25
WWE 2k15 for 20
Unity for 20
The evil within special edition for 22.50

and countless others I wouldnt have touched at full rrp
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:08 pm

The recent release of Resogun on Vita/PS3 has meant that I've become hooked again, even better is the fact that due to it being cross-buy it didn't cost me anything due to the PS4 version being on PS+.

There have been some notable concessions to get the game running on Vita, most noticeably the frame-rate being reduced to 30fps. Whilst the reduced frame-rate stays consistent (which is a great achievement) the game obviously feels less smooth. Still perfectly playable though. The graphics also aren't as sharp as they could be but again it's not a significant issue.

Finally managed to beat the game on one continue on Experienced difficulty, although TBF and given the amount of time I've spent on the game, I really should have done that A LOT sooner. Still haven't done it on the PS4 original, bizarrely.

I still need to work on Veteran runs and god forbid, Master, as well as continuing to work on my high scores.

I'm also still playing Dragon Age Inquisition although I'm getting close to wrapping it up. I still have a few other missions I'd like to do before taking on the endgame, things like hunting the remaining four dragons and getting into that temple, however, after 108hrs I feel like I need a break from the game so I may just wrap it up before doing that other stuff.

Also dabbling with Far Cry 4 which is proving to be excellent.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Still playing the shit out of Destiny which I'm horribly addicted to. 

I did start Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 on the Vita the other day which is good fun!
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkstalker90 Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:44 pm

dste01 wrote:Currently playing Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir on the DS.

Man it's crap. It's one of those find and click type games but it's just so dull. I started it ages ago but got bored and forgot how bored I had gotten with it when starting up again. I'm on chapter seven of ten so just going to finish it and get rid.

Yeah I've played that too and it was pretty dire. I seem to remember the items you need to find really have no relation to the plot. I also seem to recall that this game was a reasonably successful seller?!?
Darkstalker90
Darkstalker90

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:46 pm

I think it kind of snuck in off the back of the first Layton and got brought by people expecting it to be something like that.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:30 pm

I remember it being advertised on a video in HMV before release, didn't think it looked that bad from what I can remember.

The items are mainly just completely random stuff but does sometimes have a couple of things related to the level. The mini-games are also absolutely horrendous and feel like the game was made by a five year old.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:14 am

Now playing Batman Arkham Origins on PS3 and I am enjoying it quite considerably.

I'm finding it a more focussed game than the sprawling Arkham City game and the storyline is very engaging, telling the story of The Joker's rise to infamy and Batman's early experiences of him.

The gameplay is nothing different to the first two Batman games and I recall the game came in for some criticism for this, but it's been a long while since I played Arkham City so I'm relishing being in control of the Batman again.

All in all it has just made me hope that Rocksteady come up with the goods with Arkham Knight. It's such a winning formula, how can they go wrong?
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Watching my daughter play the new Tomb Raider.. worst part she asked for my help in a tomb Id never managed. I just realised how to do it half did it , then gave it her and she did it... so need to go back to my save now  lol
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Finally started playing God of War 3.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content