The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One

+2
cal_el
MarkySharky
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Xbox One - Page 2 Empty Re: Xbox One

Post by kerr9000 Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:07 pm

The only issue my ps4 pad has is the plastic grip on one stick has began to tear but I can buy a new one of those easy enough....  On the xbox one the thing I dont really like is the dPad... I got used to the Dpad's on my gears of war 360 and the xbox one ones just dont feel as good... in fact I think thats the one area the ps4 is better in
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Finally got it up and running on Thursday. Moved my PS3 from under the telly -one behemoth for another, dwarfing the other under TV boxes I have there!

In terms of the dash, I much prefer the PS4's, as everything seems more intuitive. At one point, I had to search the Internet as I couldn't work out where a feature was, something I've never had to do on PS4. That being said, I think it is better than the final iteration of the 360 dash, which I didn't like either (NXE was my favourite version of 360 dash). 

Controller-wise, the 360 pad was probably my favourite ever. I don't think that the X 1 is as good at that it it does seem more solid than the PS4. Not just in the thumb rubbers (right term?) where mine are shredding but also the triggers seem a bit more hardy. I prefer the rumble function on X 1 too. I like the PS4 pad, which is much better than the PS3 one (which was shit) but I think the X1 's will last longer.

In terms of games, I've only really played Forza Horizon 2 which was great, really enjoyed it. Much better than Drive Club IMO. I also played the Fast and Furious and the Screamride demo (total turd).

Overall, I am happy with my purchase, even though MS emailed all 360 owners without an X1 a couple of days after I bought mine (and only about 12 hours after I first logged on with it!) offering an X 1, an extra controller, a play and charge and Evolve/Halo/FH2/Sunset Overdrive for only £299! From all that I'd read about the slight superiority of Ps4 over X 1 visually, I haven't really noticed.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:25 pm

I think to the untrained eye the graphical difference are surely negligible. However, I will always pick the PS4 over Xbox One 1 multi platform unless there's a really good deal.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:39 am

sorenlorensen wrote:Finally got it up and running on Thursday. Moved my PS3 from under the telly -one behemoth for another, dwarfing the other under TV boxes I have there!

In terms of the dash, I much prefer the PS4's, as everything seems more intuitive. At one point, I had to search the Internet as I couldn't work out where a feature was, something I've never had to do on PS4. That being said, I think it is better than the final iteration of the 360 dash, which I didn't like either (NXE was my favourite version of 360 dash). 

Controller-wise, the 360 pad was probably my favourite ever. I don't think that the X 1 is as good at that it it does seem more solid than the PS4. Not just in the thumb rubbers (right term?) where mine are shredding but also the triggers seem a bit more hardy. I prefer the rumble function on X 1 too. I like the PS4 pad, which is much better than the PS3 one (which was shit) but I think the X1 's will last longer.

In terms of games, I've only really played Forza Horizon 2 which was great, really enjoyed it. Much better than Drive Club IMO. I also played the Fast and Furious and the Screamride demo (total turd).

Overall, I am happy with my purchase, even though MS emailed all 360 owners without an X1 a couple of days after I bought mine (and only about 12 hours after I first logged on with it!) offering an X 1, an extra controller, a play and charge and Evolve/Halo/FH2/Sunset Overdrive for only £299! From all that I'd read about the slight superiority of Ps4 over X 1 visually, I haven't really noticed.

I don't know if platformers are your thing but if they are I'd advise getting Ori & The Blind Forest. It's also available on PC but as an Xbox console exclusive it's the best game I've played on it to date.

Last edited by megablast16 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:54 am

Ori is the one of the games I'm going to get - it looks lush.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:08 pm

It does look gorgeous, arguably the best 2D graphics ever seen.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Xbox One - Page 2 Xboxone-1tb

The 1TB Xbox One has been officially shown off and is available immediately for £349, the 5OOGB version will be discounted to £299. The new model has a different matt finish and also includes the new, tweaked controller which, among other improvements, allows you to update the controller firmware wirelessly instead of via USB cable. The new bundle also includes Halo: MCC in selected regions.

EDIT: GAME has exclusivity on the new console until June 20th.

Last edited by megablast16 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated information)
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:15 am

More on the new Xbox One UI, this time a video that gives a better idea of how it will look and work than static screenshots.

megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Seems like a vast improvement over the current mess that is the Xbox One UI. Once again it is putting the games you own and play upfront rather than being hidden away. Also liking the Quick Menu Smile
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:32 am

The major update that will bring the new Xbox One UI now has a date. It will arrive on November 12th, it will also include the Xbox360 backwards compatibility feature.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:23 am

Downloaded the new update yesterday. It's pretty big for an update at 1.15GB but it does include the new dash and emulation software for backwards compatibility.

The new UI is an improvement over the last one, which as I've said before I never liked. The layout is better, it seems faster to navigate and finding your stuff is easier. Also tried out backwards compatibility with Shadow Complex and it worked flawlessly. All the digital games you bought on 360, and are on the list, are there in the Games & Apps section just waiting to be installed. If you've still got a game disc you just pop it in the console. You can also use all the functionality of XB1 games with your old games, such as screenshot and video sharing etc. 

I don't think it's a feature I'll make much use of but it's nice to have it there and more games will be added over time. It's certainly better than the sub based PS Now.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:52 am

Did you notice Microsoft even released a little video on backwards compatability which was a sort of snub at PS Now?
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:06 pm

kerr9000 wrote:Did you notice Microsoft even released a little video on backwards compatability which was a sort of snub at PS Now?

You mean this one? Bit cheeky. Wink

megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:38 pm

I treated myself to a limited edition Lunar White controller from Argos in the Black Friday sales....and it's very nice. It's got a bit more heft than the normal controller and feels nice in the hand.
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2