The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Playing

+8
Wolvieware
dste01
aaroncupboard
PorcusHawk
kerr9000
sorenlorensen
MarkySharky
CPC6128
12 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 14 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by megablast16 Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:59 am

Inside, the new game from Limbo devs Playdead. It's very similar to Limbo is terms of bleak atmosphere, looks and minimalist but effective use of ambient music but much more expansive in it's design. Once again it's very short by all accounts at around 3-4 hours but I'm really liking it so far. If you liked Limbo, like me, you'll love this, if not maybe give it a miss though.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:18 am

megablast16 wrote:Inside, the new game from Limbo devs Playdead. It's very similar to Limbo is terms of bleak atmosphere, looks and minimalist but effective use of ambient music but much more expansive in it's design. Once again it's very short by all accounts at around 3-4 hours but I'm really liking it so far. If you liked Limbo, like me, you'll love this, if not maybe give it a miss though.
I still need to play Limbo but Inside has me intrigued
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:47 pm

Now playing Resident Evil REmake HD on PS4. It's a game I'm very familiar with but have never actually completed. The Resident Evil Origins Collection is only £12 at the moment and also includes Resident Evil 0. Playing the original game today, in the dark late at night, I was transported back to playing it on PS1. It's still got it. It's still scary. It's still brilliant. It's got the great opening and the crap dialogue. And it's not just nostalgic rose tinted glasses either - this remaster is top notch! It looks fantastic! Backgrounds are like painted scenes, and the character models are as good as any game made now. They have also updated the controls and made travel so much smoother. It's not quite perfect but is an improvement. The old tank controls are also still there if wanted. And with some fan pleasing touches, like a choice of original or modern character models makes this fun. It's the same great game better than ever and maybe this time I will actually complete it!
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:39 am

cal_el wrote:
megablast16 wrote:Inside, the new game from Limbo devs Playdead. It's very similar to Limbo is terms of bleak atmosphere, looks and minimalist but effective use of ambient music but much more expansive in it's design. Once again it's very short by all accounts at around 3-4 hours but I'm really liking it so far. If you liked Limbo, like me, you'll love this, if not maybe give it a miss though.
I still need to play Limbo but Inside has me intrigued

I've finished it now, it is very short at around 3 hours, but I thought it was very good and I'd definitely recommend playing it. The final section/ending is a bit WTF though, not bad just a bit of a head scratcher.  scratch
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:41 pm

As I alluded to in the 'Recent purchases' thread, I've finally made a start on Valkryia Chronicles 2. 

Early on, really enjoying it. Whilst the story hasn't grabbed me as much as the first game as yet I am liking some of the minor changes to the game structure/progression. There's still an eventual possibility of the game getting remastered for the PS4 but given how slow Sega can be I figured it wasn't worth waiting any longer.

Also returned to an old favourite in the form of Silent Hill, which I've not played in years. Truth be told, the gameplay which is obviously dated at best isn't perfectly suited for the Vita and I've had to remap a bunch of controls just to make it playable but I'd rather persevere than play it on the PS3 and as I can only imagine how awful it would look on a larger screen.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Started playing Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell in coop today, the latest PS+ freebie. The SR series is a strange one - a mediocre GTA clone first time out, a series highlight with SR2 that upped the ridiculous factor but kept it enjoyable and based on real life, to SR3 which was an identikit sequel let down by too many bugs. By this time I skipped SR4 but look forward to playing this smaller side entry. 

And it seems Saibts Row has gone from GTA clone to proper bat shit crazy. It's great and funny. Characters burst into a musical number for no apparent reason. Those characters include Shakespeare and Vlad the Impaler. And as the title suggests, it's set in hell. You're a literal superhero with so many powers. The collectible said are like Crackdown level of compulsive collecting. It's barmy and all the better for it and that its fully coop playable which seems a rarity these days. 

The negatives are many though, but forgive able as its a small spin off download title, and well, it's free. But the graphics are terrible. And Saints Row has not really changed since that first entry - open world with silly activities and challenges. It's the humour and coop that makes it worth playing.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:32 pm

Started playing Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland for the third time.

I'm really hoping to finish it this time round.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Now playing Firewatch. I like the idea of this game a lot. It sounds like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture but more interesting. The opening is a little cheesy but effective in its emotions, and I hope there's some resolution with that by the end. I was a little disappointed with the graphics which are more cartoony than expected. I would prefer the super realistic design of Rapture. But in just the first hour it's got some varied mission objectives and keeps a simple premise very engaging. Looking forward to the rest.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Really stuck for something to play at the moment so I borrowed a copy of AC: Syndicate off a friend.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:14 pm

Just got the 8th Gym badge in Pokemon Soul Silver which means in this break from the norm for a Pokemon game that I am now roughly halfway through it!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:46 am

Started Quantum Break over the weekend. Only played one level/mission so reserving judgement obviously.

Not bad so far though.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Been playing Dead Or Alive 5 Final round , really enjoying it feel a bit stupid for having waited so long after buying it to actually play it... oh well thinking about it there are a fair few thngs I have grabbed cause they were cheap and not got round to yet  ooops
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:29 pm

Playing a lot of No Man's Sky and loving it to bits. Really taking my time with it too which means the game has a nice drop in and drop out pace to it for me.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:35 pm

So now I'm onto Resident Evil 0 the other game in the Origins Collection. Again, another Resi that I got and started but didn't finish. So what I've played so far is only the section I'm used too, but again, what a great start - it's that Classic Resi style and the train is a great level. This time I also aim to complete it.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Wolvieware wrote:So now I'm onto Resident Evil 0 the other game in the Origins Collection. Again, another Resi that I got and started but didn't finish. So what I've played so far is only the section I'm used too, but again, what a great start - it's that Classic Resi style and the train is a great level. This time I also aim to complete it.
I never played 0 the middling reviews when it first came out put me off
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:22 pm

It's not the best RE game but enjoyable nonetheless.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:38 am

Now playing Assetto Corsa. It's a budget game so you need to appreciate its not up to a high standard. But even by these considerations the game has failed on multiple points. And it really shouldn't have. There's a basis for a great game here. 100 highly detailed cars, a small selection of classic and rarer tracks and a good handling model that is proper simulation. 

So where does it fail? In simple things like the menu screens, poor choice of options, and small career mode. But the biggest issue - the a.i is ridiculously good. I've yet to win a game. At first I thought it was me. So I moved the difficulty down to novice, and I still couldn't win. You start at the back of the grid each race. By the time I get past 6 cars, the winner is way off in the distance with no chance of me catching up. This has happened every single time. A brief look online and it appears that I'm not the only one this happens too. It seems to be seriously borked. If you can't win a race on novice how are you ever gonna win. It completely sours the experience and means I probably won't keep this in my collection. 

Instead of rather play Project Cars - last years most realistic driving simulation ever, and vastly better!
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:33 pm

I've was on holiday last week and took my 3DS and started Zelda: OoT.

Really enjoyed what I have played so far. Never really got stuck into a Zelda game before, just dabbled.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:27 pm

Not getting a lot of time to play video games at the moment Sad
Just some No Man's Sky when I get the chance at home and thats about it!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:37 pm

Now playing Layers of Fear, essentially a PT style game of you exploring a house. But like that game so atmospherically well done. And genuinely scary - I'm now very nervous every time I have to open a door and you have to open a lot of doors! Not much else to it though - just open doors and piece together the story as you go. Good so far.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:34 pm

My lack of game playing continues, I'm managing the odd solo league match of Blood Bowl II here and there but that's about it.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Now playing Resident Evil 4. It's still one of the best games ever made and I'm loving it all over again!
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Found some time to do some quality gaming over the weekend. I've mainly been playing Overwatch and trying out the new map for it and whooping the buts of all the people taking advantage of the free weekend!

I've also been playing Catlateral Damage, a simple and oddly therapeutic game of being a cat and knocking everything in sight over.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:56 am

Now playing Transformers Devastation, the free Plus game. The positives are it's fantastic art style and graphics. I also like that it has checkpoints all the time so it's very pick up and play. But for the hour I played it last night it really was a bit of a boring chore to play. Locations were repetitive - I entered what appeared to be the same city square four times - so I'm a bit disappointed but might try to get to the end anyway.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:46 am

Now playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. I wasn't going to get this on release but I'm a fan of the series and the temptation was too great. And it's awesome. I was hooked from the beginning and played about 3 hours last night. I think it's better than Uncharted 4 currently, and if it holds this up will be brilliant. Also it's a top package - there's a lot of post game content and additions. If they are any good remains to be seen, but it's got a lot of content to investigate.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum