The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Arkham Knight

+3
Moozo
CPC6128
sorenlorensen
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Batman: Arkham Knight Empty Batman: Arkham Knight

Post by cal_el Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Batman: Arkham Knight Arkham-knigiht2
Batman: Arkham Knight is finally here!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I've only played it for a couple of hours but so far I am loving it. It is a nice step up from Arkham City in terms of graphics, story and gameplay. It really feels like this is going to be something special!

More thoughts and stuff to come as I continue to play it Smile
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham Knight Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Knight

Post by megablast16 Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Yeah noticed you playing it today Cal. I'm glad it's turned out good as I was planning to pick it up the weekend if it was.

Although the PS4 version is fine according to game sites the PC version has apparently arrived with serious performance issues and it's causing a bit of a stink among PC gamers. Enough for Rocksteady to issue a statement promising to investigate the situation.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Got my copy but with the 3.5gb update plus two bonus dlcs over a gb each I'll be lucky to have everything installed by tomorrow.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Wolvieware wrote:Got my copy but with the 3.5gb update plus two bonus dlcs over a gb each I'll be lucky to have everything installed by tomorrow.
Digital pre-purchase FTW! Wink
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:04 am

Also - working from home FTW! My copy arrived in the morning, so I set up all the downloading at lunchtime and it was all ready when I finally finished work around 9pm. 

I only played a few hours last night but am really enjoying it. Script is a bit wooden in places and I'm not sure about Mike from Breaking Bad as Gordon but those are the only negatives
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:12 pm

My early impressions...it's pretty damn good!
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Fed up of Batmobile already
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Moozo wrote:Fed up of Batmobile already
Am I the only person who likes the Batmobile? I enjoy crusing around in it and doing The Riddler tracks in it.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:22 pm

I haven't played it yet so I can't give a personal opinion but I know a lot of people feel the Batmobile is a bit superfluous.

I've just ordered a copy from ShopTo, I had £25 credit with them so it only cost me £15 and you get a free pair of Batman thumb grips. ShopTo are usually very fast sending stock items out so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.  Smile

Last edited by megablast16 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm still early on but I have no problems with the Batmobile.  Reminds me of the handling in underrated PS1 gem, Rollcage .
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:28 am

I have enjoyed the Batmobile so far, espcially once I changed the control scheme to the more usual left trigger brake and right trigger accelerate.  Made it far more enjoyable to tear around in! 

This game is just so polished and fun to play.  The base game mechanics are just excellent and the story they are telling may be typical superhero stuff, but some of the extra details are fantastic.  Some great twists so far too.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:57 am

Mild Potential Spoilers Below!

Hit a point in the story (around 40-50%) were something happened that I really didn't like... first it shocked me then I got angry. I will talk about it more once I've finished the game. It's a shame to see such lazy story telling in what has otherwise been a really good game so far Sad I'm hoping it is just a minor blip and that the rest of the game's story is better.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:50 pm

My copy just popped through the letterbox but now I'm downloading the whopping 3.5GB update! Modern gaming eh?

I could just start playing it anyway while it's downloading but I might as well just let the update fix whatever it's supposed to fix first, and we're going shopping anyway, so hopefully it'll be done when we get back.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Managed to get some play in this afternoon. It's still early days but initial impressions are good.

It looks great, controls are slick and responsive and the Batmobile is pretty cool to drive around and do battle in. Very promising.  Cool
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:44 am

Forcing myself to take a break from making my way through the main story to explore and do some of the side missions and Gotham's Most Wanted.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:13 am

My main issue with this is knowing when to complete side quests.  They seem to stop and start at different points but it isnt particularly clear when they are available to continue.  

I also seemed to fail one and I have no idea if I can do it again or when it is available.  A bit annoying.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:20 am

Played the Harley Quinn DLC that came with the game this morning, you play as Harley and have to break Poison Ivy out of jail. It was OK but a bit short, about 20 minutes or so, not bad as a bonus extra though.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:20 pm

I've put a few hours in now. It's a good game but the Batmobile sections are utter turd. Hopefully there won't be many compulsory Batmobile section in the game. I prefer to get round the city the old way; gliding and grappling. Also, what's up with Batman's voice? Sounds like a different voice actor. Is it?
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Nope, still Kevin Conroy! 

Have you changed the batmobile control scheme? I found ot more enjoyable when I could toggle tank mode instead of holding it down.  

Managed to get quite a bit of the game done this weekend as it was a fairly free weekend. Nearly all side missions done and 70% of the main story done.  There are some really, really excellent moments.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:07 am

CPC6128 wrote:I've put a few hours in now. It's a good game but the Batmobile sections are utter turd. Hopefully there won't be many compulsory Batmobile section in the game. I prefer to get round the city the old way; gliding and grappling. Also, what's up with Batman's voice? Sounds like a different voice actor. Is it?

I'm still early in the game for me but from what I've heard you're forced to use the Batmobile extensively throughout the game. It's ruined it for a lot of people.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:27 pm

aaroncupboard wrote:My main issue with this is knowing when to complete side quests.  They seem to stop and start at different points but it isnt particularly clear when they are available to continue.  

I also seemed to fail one and I have no idea if I can do it again or when it is available.  A bit annoying.

I'm pretty sure you can do the side missions as they become available or just concentrate on the story and then do all the side missions and activities in free roam mode afterwards if you want to. I don't think there are any you have to complete by a certain point or they are locked out.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:42 pm

megablast16 wrote:
aaroncupboard wrote:My main issue with this is knowing when to complete side quests.  They seem to stop and start at different points but it isnt particularly clear when they are available to continue.  

I'm pretty sure you can do the side missions as they become available or just concentrate on the story and then do all the side missions and activities in free roam mode afterwards if you want to. I don't think there are any you have to complete by a certain point or they are locked out.
The other parts of the Gotham's Most Wanted unlock as you progress through the story.

Just a heads up that apparently there is a "true" ending if you finish the game 100%! Looks like it is going to be a while before I reach the end credits for this one Laughing
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Somewhat ironically, I actually completed most of the side missions quite soon after that post! I had just reached a particularly good point where I could complete most of them.  

I also heard about the 100% completion thing for the ending, it has prompted me to try and get all of the riddler trophies.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:54 pm

I've not actually started this yet, but decided to give the Harley Quinn DLC a bash today. It was good! It was combat heavy, but its the familiar Batman combat system, but it did have a few touches to personalise it to Harley Quinn. I love the idea of changing things like the screen layout and items to suit the character you are playing as, so its a shame its so short. But good while it lasted.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:18 am

I'm well into the game and I'm not having the issues with the Batmobile a lot of people seem to have. It probably is overused but it's so cool to drive around and do battle in I'm OK with it.

Maybe some of the Riddler challenges are a bit fiddly using the Batmobile but it's not too bad.

For me some of the best sections are where Batman teams up with an ally such as Catgirl or Nightwing and you can switch character control, even allowing dual takedown moves during combat. They're few and far between though so I'd have liked a lot more of these.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next