The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BHS

4 posters

Go down

BHS Empty BHS

Post by dste01 Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:06 pm

BHS have gone into administration with £1.3bn debt and a pension deficit of £571m. The stores have been kept open whilst a buyer is sought but if no one is found 11,000 people could lose their jobs.

It's a sad state of affairs but BHS have been lagging behind for a while now, stuck in the olden times and not really knowing what it want's to be.

How the hell they have managed to get £1.3bn in debt I have no idea.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

BHS Empty Re: BHS

Post by cal_el Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:21 am

I can't remember the last time I went into a BHS!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:35 pm

I love BHS! They do a decent line of clothes that aren't too pricey and they are great for Christmas presents. It will be sad to see them go, but they aren't quite fashionable and I agree have no clue as to what type of shop they are. A bit like why Woolworths shut.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:03 pm

MP's plan to question previous owner Philip Green whilst John Mann, a Labour member of the Treasury select committee, called on Green to repay £400m of dividends that he took out of BHS or he should lose his knighthood.

Christ, what a punishment.

I have been in BHS in the past couple of years but just the once when a friend wanted to go in for a clothing item. I just had a quick stroll round and that was it. Not had the desire to pop back in since.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:31 pm

There is one in one of the shopping centers near me, its a shopping center where 90% of the shops are things that shut and change in to something else every couple of months, the BHS is one of the only long term been there for years and years shops the place has (Wimpy and Argos being the only other been there for years ones I can name). So I find it a huge shame this will be gone soon, I wonder what will go in it or if it will just be boarded over with art like some of the other stores have been.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum