The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloodborne

5 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Bloodborne - Page 5 Empty Re: Bloodborne

Post by PorcusHawk Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:32 pm

So that's the NG++ finished, Bloodborne sure is a short game if you know what you're doing. After now seeing all three endings I still believe that the first one I saw was the right decision/ending for me.

Had another last minute invader who went the same way as that poor unfortunate soul yesterday, think it might be about time for me to invade some poor bastards and ruin their progress Twisted Evil. Not sure why but I've managed to get a grip on the PvP with this game, yet I was hopeless in all of the Souls games.

Now all that remains are the Chalice Dungeons (for the Plat) as I don't see me doing a NG+3 anytime soon, although I might be inclined to start another build purely for co-op and PvP whilst keeping the character level low to ensure a greater range of opponents/co-op partners. I suppose speed runs COULD be another option, although I really should think about cracking on with some other games.

Whilst the game may not have the longevity of Dark/Demon's Souls it is still an incredible game and if you haven't been inspired to pick it up after mine and megablast's comments you really should grab it if you have even the slightest interest in it
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 am

What do you think about the prospect of DLC PH? Will there be any or not?

I think something could be announced at E3, or maybe Gamescom or TGS, and released towards the end of the year.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:24 am

megablast16 wrote:What do you think about the prospect of DLC PH? Will there be any or not?

I think something could be announced at E3, or maybe Gamescom or TGS, and released towards the end of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something announced later in the year. If there is any I just hope it'll be in the form of more story content as it would be all too easy for From to take the 'easy' option and just add some Chalice Dungeons instead.

Don't get me wrong, I'd welcome a few more Chalice Dungeons (as long as they're not f'ing Defiled ones Evil or Very Mad) but I'd prefer them to be an extra that would be opened up by any DLC story-related bosses, like they were in the main game.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Yeah I'd be up some story DLC but wouldn't be interested at all in more Chalice Dungeons.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:05 pm

The Platinum trophy is going to have to wait a while because it looks like I'm going to have to speedrun most of NG+3 after all.

Finally made it through the Defiled Dungeon, which was fucking nasty, and went to create the final dungeon that I needed for the Platinum only to discover that I was missing a key ingredient, one that I know I had never stumbled on before.

A quick check on a wiki confirmed that said item was ONLY obtained by killing a particular enemy, one that is in the last area of the game. The annoying part is that in each of my three previous playthroughs I had got rid of that enemy every time but didn't think to finish it off properly, why I didn't consider that option I'll never fucking know. Megablast will know what I mean but I won't divulge due to spoiling for others.

As a result I'm now facing NG+3 which shouldn't be too much of a problem although I really don't relish the idea of taking on Vicar Amelia and Shadow of Yharnum yet again, the later of which has for some reason given me considerable problems in each of my previous NG+'s.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:38 pm

Yeah I know what ingredient you're talking about. You can actually buy it in the Insight store, but only after unlocking it first in the main game by destroying that creature. Which is no help to you of course.  Rolling Eyes
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:50 am

Just nabbed the Platinum trophy, which after yesterday I honestly started to believe wasn't going to happen.

The source of the problem, not the final boss in that last dungeon but the fucking boss on Layer 1. I spent nearly all day yesterday trying to beat the piece of shit including three fucking instances of getting him down to just needing one more hit. Even when I finally nailed him I just backed the hell away and spammed throwing knives for that last bit of health due to the fear of getting fucked up again.

Strangely, the boss that followed him was as easy as it could get and I nailed it on the first attempt and then even the Queen (final boss) went down on my third attempt.

Part of me now feels I should go and play something else, after all there's still plenty in my backlog, but I also get a real sense of satisfaction helping players to get past troublesome bosses in these games so I'm also inclined to build a new character (low-levelled) purely for co-op, at least until The Witcher 3 arrives anyway.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Yeah that Layer 1 Boss was a toughie, he's just so fast and relentless in his attacks you've barely got time to heal up. I ended up using charged attacks angled round those columns while just out of his reach. Anyway congrats on the Platinum.

Meanwhile I've taken your advice and I'm playing Lords Of The Fallen, I've only played as far as the first boss so it's very early days but it's looking pretty good so far. I have to say though that after playing Bloodborne it might take me awhile to adjust to the much slower combat, rolls and dodges in particular seem very sluggish, don't know if it's the character I've chosen or if that's just the way the game is. The whopping 5.5GB update I had to download was a nasty surprise too, although I'm guess it's a cumulative one for a number of smaller patches. Anyway once I've got used to it I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:44 pm

megablast16 wrote: I have to say though that after playing Bloodborne it might take me awhile to adjust to the much slower combat, rolls and dodges in particular seem very sluggish, don't know if it's the character I've chosen or if that's just the way the game is.

Any similar game is going to feel sluggish after Bloodborne, I have the same concern should I ever return to any of the Souls' games. That said, if you've gone with a Warrior in LotF, the change in pace is going to be even more noticeable as they are notoriously slow (albeit a little overpowered) in this game.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:40 am

Yeah I did go with the Warrior, but I have found some lighter armour now that offers slightly less damage protection but the trade off is a bit more agility, which I'm more comfortable with in combat. Guess I should have gone with one of the other two builds to start with, but there's always a second playthrough with one of those if I really enjoy the game.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu May 21, 2015 6:54 am

Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed that there will be DLC for the game in a tweet, but didn't go into any detail about what it will be or when it's due just saying there'll be further information later in the year, so maybe E3 but the comment suggests it could be later than that.

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-21-bloodborne-again-expansion-confirmed
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:58 am

At the Tokyo Game Show a name and a release date for the DLC has been announced, it's called The Old Hunters and will be available from November 24th. Not sure if that's everywhere or just Japan though. A special edition of the game was also announced for December, it will include the full game + the expansion in one pack.

Bloodborne - Page 5 Jpg

Update: It's now been confirmed November 24th is the date for the UK too, priced at £11.99 for the expansion alone.

Last edited by megablast16 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : New info.)
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:56 am

Woop!

That reminds me I really should go back and finish off Bloodborne! Loved it while I was playing it but took a break for a few weeks and then.... (I'm fucking terrible at finishing games! Embarassed)
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:18 pm

The news the DLC is coming soon fills me with a mixture of dread and excitement. The grief the main game caused me is still fresh in the memory, I still shudder thinking about some of the bosses. On the other hand few other games have given me more satisfaction after completing them and it's easily my proudest Platinum. Actually I heard there was originally going to be two pieces of DLC but From Software decided to put them together in one chunk.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:58 am

I've finally reached the end of the DLC and just like the main game the final boss is next to impossible for me Crying or Very sad

It is really annoying because for the most part the game really does feel like a test of skill and that you are gradually improving. But the majority of the bosses are just a case of waiting for luck to strike and somehow winning the fight. I've run out of places to explore too so I'm stuck with grinding at the moment.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5