The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last film you watched Thread

+5
cal_el
megablast16
MarkySharky
aaroncupboard
kerr9000
9 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The last film you watched Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The last film you watched Thread

Post by dste01 Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:57 pm

X-Men: First Class - Enjoyable watch though Shaw and his villians felt bordering cartoon at times. Much prefered the stuff with Charles and Erik.

Ant-Man - Great cast and funny at times but my god it was so Marvel formulaic it was ridiculous.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

The last film you watched Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The last film you watched Thread

Post by kerr9000 Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

I loved Antman.

I have watched all the Freddy/Nightmare on elm street films over the last few days in fact watching the 7th now
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:09 am

Kick-Ass 2

Didn't enjoy it as much as the first one but still worth a mindless watch.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:14 am

I felt the same about it, it was decent enough but not close to the first, although I really did like Jim Carey in it.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:17 pm

Watched Housebound tonight as our Halloween choice of horror film (it is available on Netflix). I didnt know much about it but it turned out to be one of the best horror comedies I have seen.  Many of the scares worked really well, the comedy moments were very good and the over all mystery had some great twists.  Also, while many horror films tend to finish weakly, this culminated in a brilliant, hilarious and seriously gory sequence that had me laughing out loud frequently.  It also has the best use of a cheese grater in a film.

Would recommend as it is a really great, fun horror film.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:53 am

I watched Spectre last weekend. 

It was an ok action flick but not a great Bond film. Skyfall was much better.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Saw The Good Dinosaur today. It was very basic but still fairly enjoyable. The animation is fantastic in it with some truly lovely shots. But it also mixes in real life footage too along with a very cartoony main character which can be jarring. The story never becomes more than a journey plot line which is far too similar to other dino movies like Land Before Time or Dinosaur. At least Pixar do pull out more fantastic characters as usual.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Super - Liked it but probably could have been a little longer as was very fast paced to get to the end.

Still Life - Liked this as well, Eddie Marsan great as usual.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Horns - Too long, didn't really know what it wanted to be.
Gold - Pretty predictable.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:47 am

Saw Christmas with the Coopers tonight and it was fucking awful. Imagine everything you would enjoy from a Christmas movie...then imagine the complete opposite and you have this film. It's depressing, annoying, painful to watch. I don't have one good thing to say about it.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Some stuff that I've seen before.

Josie and the Pussycats - Not as funny a I remember but still enjoyable
MI: Ghost Protocol - Enjoyable but dumber than I remember
Avengers Assemble - Third or fourth time that i've watched this and still enjoy it each time.

New stuff.

Haywire - Good cast, dull film.
The Voices - Wasn't really sure what to expect and didn't much enjoy.
The Lego Movie - Fun and humourous but over-hyped in my opinion.
The Guest - Didn't know what to expect from it, at a guess a gritty film about a psychopath who stays with a family. What it turned out to be was a homage to 80's action/horror films.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:39 am

Just watched The Force Awakens again and enjoyed it just as much the second time around Very Happy
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Saw a very advanced screening of Zootropolis today, the latest Disney movie out in March. It's quite a complex movie actually, and is like a buddy cop movie. Some of it, in particular Breaking Bad references didn't seem entirely child friendly to me! But they did a good job creating a vivid world inhabited by animals and there's lots of current pop culture references. It's a good movie but nothing special.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Caught a screening of Deadpool in central London today. The first 30 minutes couldn't have been more perfect. It's got such a great opening that totally sums up every facet of Deadpool. It's brilliant. It's also a frantic and energetic action scene and so much funnier than any comedy movie I've watched recently. Sadly it doesn't retain that high energy throughout. It is essentially just an origin movie sandwiched between two action scenes and the ending one isn't quite as good as what precedes it, but it's still pretty good, retains its humour and fourth wall meta-ness (oh the self referential stuff is just tops!), and just the fact that they succeeded in making an authentic and great Deadpool movie is what really matters.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:35 am

Wolvieware wrote:Caught a screening of Deadpool in central London today. The first 30 minutes couldn't have been more perfect. It's got such a great opening that totally sums up every facet of Deadpool. It's brilliant. It's also a frantic and energetic action scene and so much funnier than any comedy movie I've watched recently. Sadly it doesn't retain that high energy throughout. It is essentially just an origin movie sandwiched between two action scenes and the ending one isn't quite as good as what precedes it, but it's still pretty good, retains its humour and fourth wall meta-ness (oh the self referential stuff is just tops!), and just the fact that they succeeded in making an authentic and great Deadpool movie is what really matters.
Awesome! I should be seeing it next week. I don't have too high hopes because I tend to get bored of Deadpool as a character quite quickly. Looks like it should at least be a more faithful adaptation of the character than the one in X-Men Origins: Wolverine  Laughing
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:29 am

Saw Dads Army last night and quite enjoyed it. I'm not really a fan of the series but you don't need to be to enjoy the movie - it's very self contained. It's also very British and has a charming and silly sense of humour
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:11 pm

War starring Jet Li and the Stath.

Was alright, seen worse.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:18 pm

Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

First time I've seen it since the cinema and pleased to say that it's still a damn fine film.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:44 pm

Berberian Sound Studio starring Toby Jones.

Not really sure about this one, was alright I suppose.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:06 pm

dste01 wrote:Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

First time I've seen it since the cinema and pleased to say that it's still a damn fine film.
It is my favourite Marvel movie
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Yeah, I would say the same. Just pips Avengers to be my favourite.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Finally saw Deadpool today.

Humerous with good action but a little bit over hyped in my opinion.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:10 pm

Saw Batman V Superman yesterday and I really enjoyed it. It's nowhere near as bad as the reviews make it out to be. It's not perfect but there are worse superhero movies. If you liked Man of Steel it is essentially more of the same so use that as your barometer. It also does a good job of building the DC Cinematic Universe a bit more. A couple of bits in particular gave me tingles. 

Finally Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is amazing for what little screen time she gets. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her upcoming movie soon!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:29 pm

Hobo with a Shotgun. Was enjoyable in a way, probably more so if I was drunk or high.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:19 pm

Saw Eddie the Eagle tonight and loved it. It really makes your heart soar, as the posters say. It treats ski jumping with the glamour of F1, but has the charm of a typical Brit flick with the added cool and sex appeal of Hugh Jackman. It's humorous, fun and chipper and a bit like Deadpool, a low budget movie that deserves all its success.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next