The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals

+6
Odyssey
sorenlorensen
cal_el
aaroncupboard
kerr9000
Moozo
10 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals - Page 5 Empty Re: Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals

Post by Wolvieware Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:45 am

Finished Daredevil series 2. It's an improvement over the first series but still has some of my major annoyances. But on the whole this was much better. There were some genuinely good moments throughout but some boring episodes every now and then. The Punisher court case was great but had an unsatisfying resolution. Overall I was mostly disappointed with Punisher and he was not as good as the hype around time of release. He was a boring character with muddled motives. Give me Thomas Jane any time! I wasn't keen on Elektra at first but she really came good by the end and I liked Nelson a lot this time round. And of course Daredevil got a lot more proper screen time which was good. 

I'm now thinking between American Horror Story 3 or Gotham 2 for my next Netflix hit. Or maybe just wait for Luke Cage.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals - Page 5 Empty Re: Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals

Post by aaroncupboard Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:08 pm

This is a good month for Netflix, Luke Cage just aroubd the corner and Narcos Season 2 a short while ago.  Just starting the latter now.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Made a start on The Get Down and so far I'm really enjoying it. It a Baz Lurman thing so if you don't like his more over the top theatrical style of directing then maybe give it a miss. But if your interested it is a really cool tale of the music and culture of the Bronx in the 70s framed around a musician's rise to fame in the 90s.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:03 pm

New film called Arq added today that has an interesting premise, will be adding it to the list.

Has anyone watched the From Dusk till Dawn? I vaguely remember the first season getting middling reviews but it's now on its third so it must be doing something right.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:10 am

I watched the first series but found it very dull. I've not bothered with the other series as there's better stuff to watch.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:32 am

Cool cheers. I'll keep it on the list and maybe give it a try when I've exhausted everything else. I just cannot see how they take the film and make it run for so many episodes.

I watched Arq last night, really enjoyed it.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:57 pm

Freaks and Geeks added last week. Very Happy
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:53 am

Really missing the international regions lately. Looks like Netflix actually managed to pull off the crackdown.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny and wasn't impressed.

Also watcehd the first two episodes of Marseille, was OK but very glossy and American which is a shame with it being French.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:45 am

Marco Polo has been cancelled.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:20 am

The excellent horror/western Bone Tomahawk was added to Netflix last week, well worth a watch.

A couple of interesting new series have just been added too. The OA, a Netflix original, started yesterday and SyFy's Van Helsing arrives today.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:56 am

More new additions.

The movies A Most Violent Year, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies and Dumb & Dumber To.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:44 pm

Been loads added these past few days, think I've added a good ten+ things to my list.

Travelers, Trollhunters and the Sense8 Christmas special were all added today.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:24 am

This is an excellent site for keeping abreast of all the Netflix comings and goings, and it's updated daily. Even Christmas Day!

https:///uk.newonnetflix.info
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Yeah, that's the site that I use, it's great for seeing what has been added.

Also useful for the leaving soon section, 01st Jan has 96 films/shows being removed, five that are currently on my list. Oh well.

Green Room was added yesterday which I will be giving a watch off.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Load of stuff added today, probably 5/6 things wouldn't mind watching.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:45 pm

First seasons of He-Man and She-Ra added today.

129 episodes of lectures...
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:48 am

dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5