The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently completed game(s)

+7
CPC6128
sorenlorensen
aaroncupboard
PorcusHawk
Wolvieware
MarkySharky
kerr9000
11 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Recently completed game(s) Empty Recently completed game(s)

Post by kerr9000 Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:37 pm

14/08/2014   The Walking Dead – Season 2: Episode 4 PS3

Finished it last night while I could not sleep... I quiet enjoyed it but have to admit this season doesn't seem to be as Epic and doesn't seem to be moving towards something quiet as incredible as the last one.... I may eat my words when ep 5 comes out but I don't think so.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Recently completed game(s) Empty Re: Recently completed game(s)

Post by cal_el Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Just realised that my lovely list of completed games is gone forever!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Yeah that's a little annoying.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Partly because of my epilepsy and the medication I take I have an awful memory, so without writing it down I can forget what I have and have not completed... because of this I started posting what I had completed both on to the forum and into a word file for my own records.... not much help now but you might want to think about doing this as well in case of issues with data loss etc
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:24 pm

It is a shame they couldn't have given us a little bit of a warning before closing the forums...
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm giving up on the list. I think it was a little annoying and I didn't care about anyone else's list so I'm sure they didn't care about mine!
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Yeah that's true ... still could be worse. Last time this happened to me I was responsible for making that particular forums podcasts ... You'd think you just talk record it and bang, but its actually a lot more of a pain in the butt than that, I was half way through making one and the place just vanished lol
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:17 am

17/08/2014  Hook, Snes ... first time I have ever finished it, played it as a kid and found it to be just to hard..in fairness some of it wasnt easy now... lets put it this way when I finally killed captain hook he had a new name that sort of rhymes
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:08 pm

21/08/2014  Injustice Gods among us UE  PS4...

Enjoyed it about the same as the wii U one ... I might be wrong but I dont think there was any extra story in the main game conected to the etra UE version characters.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:21 pm

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita)

FINALLY!!! I completed it!

A stupid jumping section which I kept dying on that had to be done before the final boss battle for which I had no health items and even on the easiest 'Ninja Dog' difficulty level I still struggled! Thanks to some internet searching and the resulting 'spam one move' advice I f*cking did it! I was so close to giving up!!  Evil or Very Mad 

First of all, did I understand or care about the story? No. It was the usual Japanese fantasy ninja guff.

That aside I mostly enjoyed this game despite the abysmal old-school Tomb Raider-esque camera angles and minimal margins for error when jumping to platforms etc.

This isn't my usual cup of tea but the more I played the game the more I found myself enjoying the controls and the different strategies required for different enemies and not just button-bashing.

Due to the game being bloody hard and/or me being sh*t at it, the game suggested early that I bump it down to the most basic difficulty level. I duly did this and enjoyed it a lot more as a result. It meant it handed out various health items etc. as I struggled through but it was still far from easy for me. I had various moments of rage as the game swung between fun and horribly frustrating at times!  Laughing 

As I got closer toward the end I found myself learning more about how the game worked and really enjoyed this aspect.

Overall I'd give it a 3/5 and it took me around 14 hours to complete.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Completed The Last of Us Remastered this week.

Not much to be added that hasn't already been said. Wonderful game. Graphics weren't noticeably better but not surprised by that.

Intend to actually do a NG+ this time round perhaps after the DLC.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Just finished inFAMOUS: First Light, absolutely brilliant stuff.

If you enjoyed Second Son, more so if you thought Fetch was a solid character and enjoyed using the Neon power, you really should give this a look. Although we were given an insight into her back story in Second Son this expands on it further and I'd say I even preferred it to that of Delsin's adventure. It was made even more enjoyable by some top-notch voice acting.

In combat, Fetch is so much more fluid to use and the expansion of Neon powers were a lot of fun. In fact, I'm not looking forward to attempting the combat arenas with Delsin. 

The main story is not exactly long, probably around 4hrs or so and I did it in two sittings but as per usual there are some collectibles to hunt down, in-game challenges to level up Fetch's powers and the aforementioned combat arena which is pretty good fun if you're into high-score chasing.

IMO, definitely worth the £12 asking price.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:41 pm

Technically, I have completed Diablo 3 and I am now playing Reaper of Souls.

It was fantastic. The process of clearing an area, levelling up and collecting loot is very addictive. The story was nonsense but the cut scenes were stunning, making the end of an act always enjoyable.

It's a difficult game to say I have completed really as there is so much left for me to do.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Finished Tearaway on Vita.  A really lovely game, showing Nintendo levels of platforming ingenuity at times (though not the level of toughness, as this was pretty straightforward).    
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 pm

The Last of Us: Remastered - Left Behind [DLC]

I was looking forward to playing this and one of the main reasons I got the PS4 version as I didn't get the DLC the first time round on PS4. I'd also heard lots of good things about it.

I have to say I was a little disappointed overall. There was one moment where I started to think it was brilliant but it was far too close to the end and then there was a frantic rush to the end and it was all over.

Before that I wasn't really 'feeling' it. I found Ellie to be quite annoying compared to the main game and the childish banter and mini-games were a bit tedious.

I'm glad I got a chance to play it but it wasn't amazing.

4/5
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:41 pm

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (PC)

Felt good to get this polished off as well. The end came quicker than I expected.

Technically it's a much more impressive game than the original but I found the plot difficult to follow and the combat was dumbed down a bit. The inventory system also needs a makeover for The Witcher 3 as it's just so messy.

The environments and the lore are so rich and detailed that it's easy to get swallowed up in The Witcher universe.

Overall a great game and I can't want for the third game next year!

4/5
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:01 pm

The Walking Dead season 2: Episode 3 - In Harm's Way

Wow! Brilliant! Really enjoyed this episode.

My only criticism of the game as a whole (including the first season) is that it would have been a lot better if you could have started out as 'yourself' or someone of your own creation so the choices were actually yours. I feel conflicted in that sometimes I'm thinking would this character do this?

Otherwise great story telling and looking forward to cracking on with the next episode.

5/5
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:01 pm

I liked it too - played 2&3 back to back. Held off playing 4 until 5 came out and am now looking to play them back to back too, maybe next week.

I liked putting myself in the character's shoes (as I had with Season 1). That being said, I was a bit unsure at first but by 3 I was completely on board
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:21 pm

The Walking Dead season 2: Episode 4 - Amid the Ruins

More of the same! Really building up to a great finish it seems! Tough choices to be made as usual!!

5/5
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Might as well make a start on a new list.

Updates in bold.

September
Halo: Spartan Assault [Xbox One]

Not bad but not great. A very average twin stick shooter and it is a crime that this game does not have same screen co-op! It's also buggy as hell. So many crashes and the game failing to do basic things.

2 out of 5
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Just completed Tales of Xillia 2.

Really enjoyable game with a solid enough story, I particularly enjoyed the side stories that focused on the principal characters from the first game and it was interesting to see how their stories/lives had played out since that game.

Combat was once again ace which you've come to expect from the franchise and it really didn't disappointment. Another considerable positive was the level of fan service in this game so any fans of the original game (even if no-one else here loves it Rolling Eyes) will find a lot to enjoy here.

The only real negative was the re-use of assets from the first game, albeit expected. There were very few new areas and you do spend a lot of the time going through the same areas that you've previously been through in the first game, sometimes just as a alternative version and there were also a couple of recycled bosses, although again, those made sense given the story.

There's still a fair bit of post-game stuff to get through and the trophy mop-up, however, I don't see me getting the Platinum in this one (only finished with 18% trophies) as some of the requirements need some considerable grinding.

Certainly glad I played it and the wait for both Tales of Hearts R and Zestria can now begin.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Just completed LittleBigPlanet 2 for the second time, but this time in coop. And it remained as much as it was the first time round - Fantastically varied gameplay, with levels that are truly a joy to play and cause some very funny moments. Unlike the first game, the coop is much better implemented here, allowing players to play without getting in each others way. But the same annoying niggles that stop this game from being perfect - occasionally floaty platforming, lengthy and horrendously dull cut scenes populated by incredibly irritating characters...and so many of them! The narrative and characters are a real failing in this game, and the final boss is a bit of a ramp up in difficulty it almost spoils the ending. But not quite. Bring on LBP3.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:41 pm

I also completed LittleBigPlanet 2 which was all co-op with Wolvie.

I can only echo exactly what he said about the game. Great fun on the whole with some niggly parts and minor difficulty spikes.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:02 am

Might as well make a start on a new list.

Updates in bold.

September
Halo: Spartan Assault [Xbox One]
Velocity 2X [PS Vita/PS4]

Recently completed game(s) Kaitana

I friggin love this game! Perfect game for the morning commute and has just the right amount of challenge with its basic gameplay, then if you want the rock hard challenge of getting a perfect rating on all 50 levels! I also love the art style which while simple is very stylised. 

The only downsides to the game really are the super anti-climatic last level and the somewhat fiddly nature of the controls at times.

Best PS+ game I have played in aaaages.

5 out of 5.

ps. Will be buying the first DLC pack for this today Very Happy
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 pm

I too finished Velocity 2X last night. Great stuff. A game that takes a simple premise and does lots of creative and inventive things with it. Totally my cup of tea.
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next