The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals

+6
Odyssey
sorenlorensen
cal_el
aaroncupboard
kerr9000
Moozo
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals - Page 4 Empty Re: Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals

Post by dste01 Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:14 pm

I imagine two reasons for it not being moved to BBC2 is that the BBC tend to pigeonhole the channels to fit certain demographics and Orphan Black probably wouldn't 'fit' on BBC2.

Second is the more likely one that BBC America doesn't get any funding from BBC UK and also Orphan Black is a co-production with two other networks so they were most likely free to shop it around.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals - Page 4 Empty Re: Netflix. The thread of new additions, recommendations and Originals

Post by Moozo Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:58 pm

cal_el wrote:
dste01 wrote:
Moozo wrote:Yes, I watched Flaked and really enjoyed it. Will probably watch it again soon.

nb. for anyone interested, Netflix picked up the Orphan Black rights in the UK. Season 4 eps will be up the day after they air in the US.

That's good to hear, I keep meaning to check on what is happening with Orphan Black since BBC3 went online only. I'll probably let the episodes build up and watch in chunks rather than weekly.

I have Flaked added to the list along with Love and all of the other Netflix originals. Just so much that I want to watch being added at the moment.
The Orphan Black situation is weird seeing as it is a BBC (America) production, you'd think they would have shifted it over to BBC 2.

It was quite clear they had no interest in it after season 3 was aired at 2am on Fridays or something.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:07 pm

Moozo wrote:
cal_el wrote:
dste01 wrote:
Moozo wrote:Yes, I watched Flaked and really enjoyed it. Will probably watch it again soon.

nb. for anyone interested, Netflix picked up the Orphan Black rights in the UK. Season 4 eps will be up the day after they air in the US.

That's good to hear, I keep meaning to check on what is happening with Orphan Black since BBC3 went online only. I'll probably let the episodes build up and watch in chunks rather than weekly.

I have Flaked added to the list along with Love and all of the other Netflix originals. Just so much that I want to watch being added at the moment.
The Orphan Black situation is weird seeing as it is a BBC (America) production, you'd think they would have shifted it over to BBC 2.

It was quite clear they had no interest in it after season 3 was aired at 2am on Fridays or something.
That's a shame I'm part way through the first season and it is pretty good.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:04 pm

Moozo wrote:
cal_el wrote:
dste01 wrote:

Don't know if you know that BBC dumped the entire season on iPlayer the week before and then showed it on BBC3 from a week later at around 2am in double episodes if I remember correctly.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:28 am

Brand new home invasion movie Hush is now available on Netflix, it's actually premiering on the service, and you should check it out, it's really good. A movie about a women alone and isolated in a house in the middle of nowhere as she's stalked by a relentless killer hardly sounds original but the twist here is she's a deaf mute from a bout of bacterial meningitis when in her teens, it might not be the handicap it at first seems though. A lean, clever and tense horror/thriller.

Last edited by megablast16 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:55 pm

That sounds good!
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:28 pm

I've added Hush to the list as it reminded me of Mute Witness which I watched years ago and thought was really good for the first part of the film.

Might try and watch Hush in the next few days.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:25 pm

It's definitely worth a look. Kate Siegel, who plays the deaf woman and also co-wrote the film, is excellent.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Following the character's appearance in Daredevil Series 2 it's confirmed that The Punisher will be getting his own spin off series on Netflix.

That means that there 5 Netflix/Marvel TV collaborations currently in various stages of production. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones: Series 2, The Defenders - which brings together all those 3 characters, plus Daredevil - and now The Punisher.

In other Netflix news Ricky Gervais' new Netflix original movie, Special Correspondents, is now available to watch.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Mon May 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Fab news about Punisher though it was to be expected.

Apparently due to contracts Netflix have to do Defenders by the end of 2017 so whilst it would be nice to see a Punisher series soon I wouldn't expect it to be until 2018.

Nice to see seasons one and two of iZombie added yesterday as been wanting to watch that.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Fri May 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Watched The Ridiculous 6 and it is ridiculous and also totally shit. And Thats from someone who doesn't really mind Adam Sandler!
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sat May 14, 2016 8:54 am

First ten minutes of the first episode of season two of Kimmy Schmidt.

We tried but no.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sun May 15, 2016 10:52 am

dste01 wrote:Fab news about Punisher though it was to be expected.

Apparently due to contracts Netflix have to do Defenders by the end of 2017 so whilst it would be nice to see a Punisher series soon I wouldn't expect it to be until 2018.

Nice to see seasons one and two of iZombie added yesterday as been wanting to watch that.

The Defenders and Jessica Jones Season 2 will be filmed back to back, with I think The Defenders coming first.

I watched the pilot episode of iZombie last night, it was alright but I'm not sure about yet. I'll watch a few more episodes and see if it grabs me.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Mon May 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Izombie genuinely gets better and better with each episode.  The main actress is brilliant at adapting her personality based on her current brain of choice and the overarching storyline is really good.  

I have gone from kind of enjoying it to seriously enjoying every episode.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu May 19, 2016 6:40 am

I have watched a few more episodes of iZombie and I am getting into it a bit more.

I've also been watching Bloodline, ahead a season 2 next week. Excellent steamy, family drama/thriller about what happens when the black sheep eldest son returns to the family home, and the unrest and resentment his reappearance stirs up. Intriguingly it starts with his siblings murdering him and then in a series of flashbacks and the occasional flash forward we're shown the events that lead to such a drastic act.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy added today.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:16 am

This looks like it could be interesting, has an ET/Super 8 vibe about it.

megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Marco Polo season two.
Gilmore Girls seasons one to seven.
Jem and the Holograms seasons one to three.
All Star Trek programmes including the animated series.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:27 pm

Just finished watching Spotless, a 10 part series about a Frenchman who has made a new life for himself in London and set up a business cleaning up the grisly remains from crime and accident scenes for the authorities. His life is turned upside down however, and he and his family put in danger, when his small time criminal brother turns up, bringing with him dark secrets from the past and forcing him to become entangled with a dangerous gangland boss, who decides somebody who can clean the aftermath of a violent crime without leaving a trace might be very useful in his own nefarious activities.

Recommended if you like gritty crime dramas.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:01 pm

A couple of teaser trailers for new Netflix/Marvel series Luke Cage and The Defenders.

megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:13 pm

I'm really looking forward to Luke Cage, he is one of my favourite Marvel characters Smile
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:37 pm

BoJack Horseman. Best show on TV at the moment in my view.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/13/bojack-horseman-season-3-review
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:47 am

Just finished latest season of OITNB. Worst season so far until the last 3 episodes when shit kicks off.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:58 pm

I thought it was an improvement on season three.

That ending though, the smile at the very end. Sad
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:07 pm

SadSad
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next