The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deja Vu - the Re-release thread!

+6
Moozo
cal_el
megablast16
CPC6128
PorcusHawk
Wolvieware
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Deja Vu - the Re-release thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Deja Vu - the Re-release thread!

Post by megablast16 Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:13 am

cal_el wrote:
Wolvieware wrote:Next up: Resident Evil 0 is getting a remaster due 2016. Presumably from the strong sales of the original remaster of the first games remake...
Capcom have said that remasters are going to be one of the key arms of their output going forward which is not a bad thing in my book!

I think it is a bad thing if it becomes their main output over the next couple years at the cost of new games. Which, in Capcom's case at least, is a real possibility.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Deja Vu - the Re-release thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Deja Vu - the Re-release thread!

Post by megablast16 Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:30 pm

And another one is on it's way. Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition, yes that's what they're calling it, has been confirmed for release this Winter, it also includes all the DLC.

It's a good game but seriously who'll buy this, I've heard people ask for remasters of Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dead Space and many more. I haven't seen anybody ask for Darksiders 2, and releasing it at the busiest time of the year for new releases, what's that all about?
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:58 am

megablast16 wrote:
cal_el wrote:
Wolvieware wrote:Next up: Resident Evil 0 is getting a remaster due 2016. Presumably from the strong sales of the original remaster of the first games remake...
Capcom have said that remasters are going to be one of the key arms of their output going forward which is not a bad thing in my book!

I think it is a bad thing if it becomes their main output over the next couple years at the cost of new games. Which, in Capcom's case at least, is a real possibility.
It looks like it will be a secondary business for them. There is no reason not to do it. A lot of remakes/remasters require small teams, are often outsourced and in most cases have a reasonable overhead. People who want to replay the games can. People who want to experience them for the first time can as well and Capcom makes some much needed money to spend on other terrible business decisions!
lol!
Like I always say it allows more people to play more games and it doesn't really negatively affect the development of new titles. In fact it can help. A lot of the recent PS3/360 to PS4/Xbox One remasters would have helped tech and tools people at devs get their heads around the new hardware potentially improving future titles by those devs.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Sony has confirmed that both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls will be re-released on PS4, but only in Europe oddly. They will be available individually or as a twin pack sometime this year. 

Seems Sony's answer to a bare first party PS4 line up for the remainder of 2015 is to mine the PS3 back catalogue.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:44 pm

I only just brought a new copy of PS3 Beyond Two souls from tesco for 5quid ... Id sooner just play it on that than buy it full price for ps4 to be fair.

Youll never guess the p4 Remake I just got... Saints row 4  re-elected and gat out of hell 15quid New... its one of those games I will warn you you need to pick up new really.. gat out of hell is not on the disc its a code so if you buy a second hand copy your just getting re-elected.

I cant really see any diffrence from the version I finished on the xbox 360 to eb fair... but this is kind of how I have felt about GTA etc  I think you only really notice any diffrence if there side by side.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Might get Beyond. Really liked Heavy Rain but it's one of those where the impact will be all but gone on a second playthrough.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:49 am

I've already Platinumed both of them so I've seen everything the games have to offer. They're already a couple of the best looking games on PS3 too, so slightly better graphics and 1080p doesn't really tempt me either.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:03 am

I liked Beyond and would play that again. Heavy Rain was good but as depressing as shit so not really bothered with that. 

But I don't want to pay for these games again having done so on PS3 so I'm sure they will go on Plus at some point and I can catch them then.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 am

Despite all my bitching about these remakes, there is one positive and that is, it increases the likelihood that I will FINALLY replay said games eventually. 

Admittedly, I'll never buy the remakes but I don't plan of getting rid of the PS3 nor any of my games anytime soon and I've often said that I fully intend to replay the likes of Heavy Rain, Beyond and others but never do. This should inspire me to do so......I hope :p
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:23 am

I remember replaying Heavy Rain after I completed it with the aim being to get more of the trophies and I found it spoiled my memory of my first play through so I stopped. I've never played Beyond so I may get that remaster.
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Bio shock collection is the next rumour. No word on which games to be included, but a shop listing on a foreign website started this off.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:59 am

I presume it would be all three games otherwise it would be pretty pointless, to be honest though I'd only be interested in playing the first one again.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:20 pm

I'm guessing it would be all three games too. Hopefully it means people will realise how good the second game is!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:00 pm

cal_el wrote:I'm guessing it would be all three games too. Hopefully it means people will realise how good the second game is!
Yet still not as good as the other two...
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:10 pm

I thought the last one was shit.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:19 am

I love my Bioshocks but I'm not interested in a remastered collection.
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:44 am

MarkySharky wrote:
cal_el wrote:I'm guessing it would be all three games too. Hopefully it means people will realise how good the second game is!
Yet still not as good as the other two...
I dunno... I enjoyed Infinite at the time but whenever I look back on it aside from the story stuff the game feels hollow. It promised a lot and failed to deliver on multiple things. Just look at the reveal slice gameplay and you'll see that they cut back on so much stuff.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:55 pm

The PS4 version of Beyond: Two Souls is being released next week (Nov 26th.), although oddly not with Heavy Rain which isn't out until next March as part of a double pack with Beyond. It will be digital download only and priced at £24.99, and if you buy it you will get a discount for the appropriate amount if you then buy the twin pack next year to get Heavy Rain. Or you could just wait and get them together. Strange way of releasing them if you ask me.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:14 pm

Resident Evils 4, 5 & 6 are coming to PS4 and XB1, although bizarrely out of order. 6 is first on March 29th, 5 is out sometime in the Summer and 4 arrives in the Autumn, they're £15.99 each. 

Might be interested in Resi 4 if it's a top notch remaster but not 5 and I wouldn't touch 6 with a barge pole, hated that game!
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Capcom are fucking milking these rereleases for Resi aren't they? My life. Is Resi 6 really a genuine game that's so good it deserves a rerelease? 

That said though I've got my eye on the Resi 1 and 0 remakes when they are at a price I'm happy with and would even consider 4,5 and 6 again at a decent price. £15.99 no chance. Half that and I might. Better yet, release 4,5 and 6 in a trilogy pack for £30 and I might bite.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Wolvieware wrote:Capcom are fucking milking these rereleases for Resi aren't they? My life. Is Resi 6 really a genuine game that's so good it deserves a rerelease? 

That said though I've got my eye on the Resi 1 and 0 remakes when they are at a price I'm happy with and would even consider 4,5 and 6 again at a decent price. £15.99 no chance. Half that and I might. Better yet, release 4,5 and 6 in a trilogy pack for £30 and I might bite.
I'll wait for the inevitable franchise sale once they're all out. Happy to replay 4 and 5 again. Might even give 6 another look.....
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:41 pm

Dead Island is next up for the re-release treatment. Dead Island: Definitive Edition is coming to PS4, XBOX ONE and PC on May 31st. It includes Dead Island, Dead Island: Riptide and retro style sidescroller Dead Island: Retro Revenge, all available DLC is also included in the package too.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Not interested in it but it sounds a decent package.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:14 pm

I loved resident evil 4 and 5 but unless they rebuild 6 so much that they basically alter it into a good game then no way...  6 is the only resident Evil I couldnt force myself to finish.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:43 pm

Playing through the Pokémon Yellow re-release on 3DS at the moment and really enjoying it. The Gen I Pokémon games really do have something special about them.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next