The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drive Club

+6
PorcusHawk
cal_el
CPC6128
MarkySharky
megablast16
Wolvieware
10 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Drive Club - Page 3 Empty Re: Drive Club

Post by megablast16 Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Maybe that's the plan, delay it indefinitely and hope we get that bored of waiting we'll just lose all interest in the promised PS+ edition.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 pm

I wouldn't be surprised.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm

megablast16 wrote:Still no sign of the PS+ edition, the latest from Evolution is that there'll be another update about it when more "concrete info" is available. Which sounds suspiciously like not anytime soon to me.
As I mentioned, the online is still not functioning correctly for the full game. Matchmaking is still shaky and the challenges are yet to be enabled.
So to suggest they are delaying it for any reason other than core functionality - and, first and foremost, for the paying customers - is a bit disingenuous.

Multi-quote wasn't working, but Wolvie:
The Kudos-like system in Driveclub is called Fame and it's earned in a few interesting ways, like overtakes, drifting and clean laps and sectors. It contributes to both your personal level and club level allowing you to unlock various things through each, so it's prominent, but not as in-your-face as Kudos were.

The handling is definitely what you'd call "simcade", and more "sim" than "cade". It feels really rewarding. It still requires precise braking and throttle application and the cars are weighty whilst being responsive, and they all have great differentiating characteristics. The single seaters really make you feel like you're sat bum on the tarmac, the hatchbacks really make you think about where you're placing the car on the track at the lower speeds, and of course like the F1 games the P1's Kers and DRS require some thinking with regards to the best places to engage and apply the tools.

For a racing nut like me trying to better myself on time trial for hours is enough to keep me happy, especially with the day and night cycle which is implemented as well as I've seen in any game, never mind a racing one. I can't say it's as good as the full Forza games for me, but then that's a different kettle of fish really, based around simulation and tuning and customisation. As I say though it's a great PGR substitute.

Forgot to mention: the atmosphere in this game is unreal. They really nailed Scotland. But my favourite bit by far was doing a hillclimb event in Norway, a dusk to night event. I switched the HUD off and began climbing through the last of the daylight, up into the mountains, through the first signs of snow and then as dark fell through the first flurries, headlights bouncing back off the snow, and past sporadic smatterings of spectators, camped roadside with flares and bonfire smoke billowing. Stunning.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:21 am

The "concrete info" quote was Evolution's not mine, all I said was that it sounds like the PS+ edition isn't coming anytime soon, which seems to be accurate.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:39 am

It sounds fantastic actually! I love hill climb events and day/night cycles. 

I'm back to worrying about the lack of content in the free game again though and how limited the area we get to drive will be or how few cars we will get. Still the free DLC will help I guess.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Playstation President, Shuhei Yoshida, has released a statement saying the the PS+ edition of Driveclub has been postponed "until further notice." You can read the full statement by using the link but it's not looking good for a release this year.

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-30-sony-postpones-driveclub-ps-plus-edition
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:04 pm

megablast16 wrote:Driveclub has been postponed "until further notice." 

Wait..........people still give a crap about this game  Shocked Shocked
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 pm

It's dead to me now...

I'll probably have Forza Horizon 2 at the weekend so the free version of this wouldn't get much of a look in.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:38 am

If it's delayed that much I don't think Drive Club and Forza Horizon will clash mate.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:42 am

I just mean if it happened to release in the next couple of weeks as unlikely as that seems!
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:25 pm

Has anyone else tried Driveclub yet?

Now that it's fully working with weather and the new content, I am convinced this is one of the best driving games on the market.

The Challenges lend themselves really well - we could do a weekly Checkpoint one with relative ease, if anyone's on board.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Nah not prepared to fork out the money. Wanna try the promised PS+ version first. 

Will more than likely pick up Horizon 2 instead.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:37 pm

I have Driveclub. It is very pretty; I am very crap at it
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:48 pm

I still think it's a ploy to "delay" the free version so that those who can't bear to wait will pick it up. I'm still happy to wait.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm in the waiting for the free version camp too. I was in the Beta and found it reasonably enjoyable for a driving game that is missing banana skins, red shells and mushrooms!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:44 am

Me too. absolutely no interest in buying it. I'll just wait and see if it ever appears on PS+, and if it doesn't oh well it's no great loss.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:03 am

I was in that camp but then saw a deal for it and FIFA for £40 so took the plunge.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:51 pm

If you're not interested in it at all then I can understand just hanging around for the free one. However, if you are interested, I have to question if you would wait months for a demo of any other game that you wanted to buy? Because that's all the PS+ version is.

(useful aside: it's £20 on Amazon today)
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Do you reckon we'll ever see the PS+ Edition of Drive Club, or will they sweep that concept under the carpet and forget it was ever mentioned?
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:56 pm

CPC6128 wrote:Do you reckon we'll ever see the PS+ Edition of Drive Club, or will they sweep that concept under the carpet and forget it was ever mentioned?

Reckon they've given up on that ever happening, it also seems pretty pointless even bothering with the effort now. To be honest, it's more likely that the full version will become a PS+ game at some point over the next year.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:18 am

Once the price reaches £10-15 everywhere, a cut down PS+ version seems less bargainous than when announced. I agree that the whole game will be a PS+ splash, maybe in the autumn

Last edited by sorenlorensen on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Again, I must reiterate that having played all the content within the full game, the PS+ version is just a demo. Handful of tracks in India, one of six locations, and about 15 cars I think. Miniscule and probably barely a couple of hours' worth or so of events. So as I've said up the thread, anyone who's remotely interested in buying it, stop wasting your time waiting for a demo (would you do that for any other game?). Otherwise, forget Sony ever mentioned it was coming for free.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Moozo wrote:So as I've said up the thread, anyone who's remotely interested in buying it, stop wasting your time waiting for a demo (would you do that for any other game?).

I get what you're saying, but given the well known issues the game had at launch (supposedly many problems remain) then I'd say that this game screams demo, it's certainly not one that I'd be prepared to take a chance on. And yes, I would wait for a demo for any other game, it's just a shame that demos seem to have become a thing of the past.

As a side note, given a recent statement by the developers in which they admitted that the servers still aren't anywhere near where they'd like them to be, it seems unlikely that any form of a 'free' version will be coming any time soon. Again, hardly something that inspires confidence in Evolution Studios.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:41 pm

If I really wanted this game I would have got it by now. Project Cars is the racing game I've got my eye on. I still reckon that the full game will go PS+ as we say above too so another reason not to pay for it. The whole Drive Club promotion has been shambles. But I'd rather buy Project Cars.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Looking forward to Project Cars too. Finally looks like we've got the (spiritual) TOCA sequel we've all been waiting for.
Different type of game though. Bit like comparing ARMA with Call of Duty just because they've both got guns
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next