The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drive Club

+6
PorcusHawk
cal_el
CPC6128
MarkySharky
megablast16
Wolvieware
10 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Drive Club - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive Club

Post by PorcusHawk Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:45 am

megablast16 wrote:Is it in the UK store yet because I couldn't find it as of last night?

I looked in the PS+ section, digital games and used search but only the £19.99 full PS+ edition came up.

If you look at the £19.99 full PS+ Edition you should see a 'Full game trial' option, that's what you need. Sony really could have done a far better job of making it clearer, I saw a fair few tweets yesterday from people who weren't clear on what/where they should be looking for.

Edit: That's good to know Aaron, restores my confidence a bit as I just haven't been able to collect enough 'stars' to unlock the final part of that event......yet.

Last edited by PorcusHawk on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:55 am

I do find it a lot harder than other races I have like Forza 5, Need for speed rivals etc.

I got Drive club for 12 quid from cex and the crew for 12quid from a pawn store ... honestly play the crew for 5 minutes and you'll think Drive Club is the greatest thing ever.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:58 am

PorcusHawk wrote:
megablast16 wrote:Is it in the UK store yet because I couldn't find it as of last night?

I looked in the PS+ section, digital games and used search but only the £19.99 full PS+ edition came up.

If you look at the £19.99 full PS+ Edition you should see a 'Full game trial' option, that's what you need. Sony really could have done a far better job of making it clearer, I saw a fair few tweets yesterday from people who weren't clear on what/where they should be looking for.

Edit: That's good to know Aaron, restores my confidence a bit as I just haven't been able to collect enough 'stars' to unlock the final part of that event......yet.

OK PH cheers for that.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Is the Venom Hot Lap in Startline? Hardest event in the game, amazing when you crack it
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Moozo wrote:Is the Venom Hot Lap in Startline? Hardest event in the game, amazing when you crack it

No, haven't checked what event that is in, sounds like fun.....NOT.

Having all sorts of problems with 'Dam Busters', an 8 lap race with worsening weather conditions which by the second half of the race I cannot see shit. Does look absolutely stunning with all the rain, puddles, mud splashes etc, just not good for racing in. 

FAO Wolvie, also sent a request for joining TheCheckpoint racing club, need all the extra cars I can get at the moment.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:09 pm

I think the Plus version also appears in the demo area of PSN. 

I will add you later tonight mate - I wonder if you get access to the cars or if they are restricted. But it will be good to have you join especially if you are going to upgrade.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Cheers Wolvie, I did upgrade after all and seeing as I already had funds in my PSN wallet I took the stupid option of the digital upgrade. Will I ever learn to NOT leave excess funds in my account? No
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:10 pm

PorcusHawk wrote:
Moozo wrote:Is the Venom Hot Lap in Startline? Hardest event in the game, amazing when you crack it

No, haven't checked what event that is in, sounds like fun.....NOT.

Having all sorts of problems with 'Dam Busters', an 8 lap race with worsening weather conditions which by the second half of the race I cannot see shit. Does look absolutely stunning with all the rain, puddles, mud splashes etc, just not good for racing in. 

FAO Wolvie, also sent a request for joining TheCheckpoint racing club, need all the extra cars I can get at the moment.
Yeah, some of the events in Elements are massively unforgiving
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:31 am

Thanks to next months PS+ update I decided to use the money that I was saving for Rocket League to pick up the season pass for this game. 

Certainly is a hell of a lot of stuff for your money although I have already noticed that the DLC seems to be a lot tougher than the main game, unless I'm just useless. Admittedly I'm still working through the main 'Tour' mode so I do need to improve but bloody hell, I've only looked briefly at a couple of the DLC events and it's been a struggle so far. I suppose I shouldn't complain, after all, I'm not one to shy away from a challenge but given that racing games haven't really been a forte of mine I may be trying to tackle this stuff for a while yet.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Racing is one of those genres though where you only get better with experience. By the end of the vanilla tour you might find they're a lot easier
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Two new car packs released next week will mark the end of the season pass content. It looks phenomenal value however I am still waitin for a price drop which may now come the season pass is complete. 

More DLC is still due though in the following months including some free new cars.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:46 pm

The support this game gets is phenomenal! Latest updates:

Evolution Studios plans to release new, free Sprint mode tracks for the PlayStation 4 exclusive racer,  DriveClub, every week up to Christmas.
The free tracks have already started. You can download the Nilgiri Hills (India) and Taapaca (Chile) tracks now, but before you do that give the vid a watch. It comes from Evolution itself and shows both tracks in action.
In addition to this, there’s a “big” update coming to DriveClub this October. Evolution has explicitly detailed that update’s contents, but the studio has previously discussed adding loads of new stuff, including; more community options, new difficulty settings, community options and gameplay refinements.
"Next month we've got a BIG update for you all, but you'll have to wait until then before we can share the details," said DriveClub game director, Paul Rustchynsky.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Bikes!

Yes, bikes!

As a standalone game (£16) or DLC (£12).

Plus season pass is finally reduced half price (£10).

I'm gonna plump for the season pass. I'm excited by bikes, but might wait for a future reduction...

Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:55 am

Been getting stuck into the Drive Club DLC now, and giving the packs a try. I like how they are themed slightly. The Elements pack is all about weather. It's so beautiful, and exciting to race through a storm. Although it ramps up the difficulty and makes it hard, but oh so pretty!

Looking forward to trying the Lamborghini pack next.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:26 pm

The bikes are great. Love the way they reward patience on the throttle
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Drive Club gets better and better - tyre deformation will be added in the next update, two new championships for free next month, and new tracks coming in 2016.

The amount of great content in this game is astonishing. The season pass is only a tenner at the moment and I can't recommend it enough - more than doubles the game and offers some awesome new cars.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:41 pm

the season pass is £5  its on sale now
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Another Drive Club update has added quite a few big changes - you get fame now for your profile, your club and now each vehicle. From what I can tell this is retroactive and some of my cars are already well levelled up. You can also now choose a lower difficulty as well if an event is proving tricky but you won't unlock gold stars on this difficulty. 

Also they announced a new DLC championship - Mercedes AMG.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:39 pm

In a shock move Sony has announced it's closing Driveclub developer Evolution citing a restructuring of European development. Not sure what this means for the future of Driveclub, Sony still owns the IP so theoretically another studio could continue making content for the game. It's a sad day for British game development though coming so soon after the closure of Lionhead.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:23 pm

The potentially last DLC, aptly named Finish Line is out today. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

They did so well with Drive Club, I'm very sad it has all come to an end. It felt like the game that kept on giving, but not any more. At least I still have lots of content to still play on it.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:03 am

I'm not a driving game person but I enjoyed messing around with Drive Club.

It's tough in the UK games industry at the moment, especially on the AAA side of things. I'm hoping that it is a bit of contraction before more expansion but we will see. The newer North West studio is still hiring so I hope some of the people from Evolution can move over there.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Evolution Studios live!

Codemasters has acquired Evolution Studios to become the “world’s largest racing-focused games company”.
Evolution Studios was previously owned by Sony and last month the platform holder announced that the developer was to close. However, Codemasters has now given the DriveClub and MotorStorm creator a new lease of life as a multiplatform dev.
“Over the last 30 years, Codemasters and Evolution Studios have created some of the most successful racing franchises in the industry, including GRID, DiRT, DRIVECLUB and MotorStorm,” said Codies in the announcement.
“This expansion will not only see us gain a wealth of racing expertise and skill, but it’ll take Codemasters to the next level as the world’s largest racing-focused games company. With phenomenal racing DNA on both sides, we hope that gamers out there are excited to see what we do next – as are all of us here at Codies.”
In addition to this, former Evolution studio director Mick Hocking will assume the role of VP Product Development at Codies, overseeing all of the company’s studios.
“We’re celebrating our 30th birthday this year, and we can’t think of a better way to see it in than to be bringing on board such a monumentally talented group of people,” he said. “We can’t wait to start working together, and to see what this combination of incredible talents has in store!”
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6