The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NX info!

4 posters

Go down

NX info! Empty NX info!

Post by cal_el Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Eurogamer got the scoop and I am impressed: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers

NX info! Jpg
(Note this image is just representative of the final product)

A portable tabled with detachable controllers for multiplayer and home gaming because you can hook it up to your TV via a base station. Powered by an Nvidia Tegra chip and some other bells and whistles. So it looks like the longterm plan of merging Nintendo's portable and home console hardware is paying off to produce this new machine. 

Personally I am very excited because this is Nintendo playing to their strengths rather than playing catch up with Microsoft and Sony. Earlier rumours had it being heavily connected to mobile phones via bluetooth too so there is potential to use people's smartphones to handle things like online gaming on the go and that sort of thing which is cool. 

Most importantly though because it is unified hardware that means that there will indeed be a steady stream of games for this thing because devs both internally and externally will no longer have to choose between making a title for 3DS or the Wii U. 

They are meant to be doing the big unveiling in September but for now I am super excited to see what this device is capable of, what sort of connectivity it will have and what games aside from Zelda it will have on it at launch.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

NX info! Empty Re: NX info!

Post by megablast16 Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:50 am

I was interested in NX but if these rumours are true it kills my interest stone dead. I don't do handheld gaming anymore and the home console bit of it doesn't sound like anything for Sony or MS to worry about, or attract much third party support either. Looks like my long Nintendo abstinence will continue.  Sad
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:38 pm

So in a nutshell you can play it on your TV and play it on the bus.

Sounds pretty good.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:40 pm

I dont know if this is a good or bad move.... your home consoles havent sold recently, your handhelds have never failed, so combine the two and see how it does hmmm sounds risky, it also sounds potentially cool, I think personally its very much a case of wait and see.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:15 pm

Now the Nintendo Switch and looks a very interesting concept.

Looks like Nintendo may have thought of every possibility to play alone or together.

dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:01 pm

It actually looks pretty cool. The devil will be in the detail but Nintendo may have something here.

NX info! Jpg

Lots of third party support too, well on paper at least, which will be crucial.

NX info! Jpg
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Apparently its price has leaked and its £349.99
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:46 am

kerr9000 wrote:Apparently its price has leaked and its £349.99

I think that was a price put out by Tesco a while back, but was quickly retracted. It may or may not be true but I'd be surprised if it was that much, £250-£300 would be more realistic to me but we'll have wait and see.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:02 pm

I'm really impressed by the Switch so far. It is the perfect device for me at the moment. Time to start saving....
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:01 am

Nintendo has confirmed there will be no physical backward compatibility with 3DS and Wii/Wii U. Looks like it will be a clean break from past Nintendo consoles.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:07 am

megablast16 wrote:Nintendo has confirmed there will be no physical backward compatibility with 3DS and Wii/Wii U. Looks like it will be a clean break from past Nintendo consoles.
There is still hope for digital carry over but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo tried to charge me for everything I've bought again Sad
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:04 am

There will be a presentation livestreamed globally from Tokyo on January 12th 2017. Primarily for the media, analysts and trade partners it will include details about specs, launch date, pricing and games in development for the system. I don't think there will any more official news about Switch until then. There will also be events in Japan shortly afterwards where people can get hands on with the machine, similar events are also planned for the US and Europe at later dates.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 pm

I want one.

I like the look of it and being able to use it as a handheld is right up my street. Hopefully the battery life won't be too bad.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:18 am

* Out March 3rd in Europe
* £279.99 in the UK
* Zelda: Breath Of The Wild will be released same day, as will the Wii U version
* Internal storage is only 32GB but will be expandable via SD cards
* 4GB internal RAM apparently
* Battery life will be 2.5 - 6.5 hours depending on game. Not great
* No region lock
* Online play will be free initially but will require a Gold/PS+ style sub from the autumn. No word on the monthly/annual fee yet though but you get to download an NES or SNES game a month, but there are rumours they will only last that month then expire
* Splatoon 2 out in the summer
* Super Mario Odyssey announced for the autumn
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:27 pm

* £279.99 in the UK:  Its more than I wanted to pay for it to be fair, I know people will call me tight etc  but its true, this in itself means I will hold off after all I have bags of things I need to work my way through on the Xbox one and PS4.(and some wii U stuff)

* Zelda: Breath Of The Wild will be released same day, as will the Wii U version... If we look at this historically speaking the two versions will be almost the same with pretty much sod all real diffrence other than the last generation one will proberbly end up being worth an arm and a leg and the newer one will one day be in every charity shop and pawn store going for £5.... Usually I have been all cool and got the new version this time im getting the old.

* Internal storage is only 32GB but will be expandable via SD cards...
Again when your paying £280 and your getting sod all storage basically it bites you in the ass a bit...

* No region lock  Holly s&*£ balls Nintendo you actually got something right for once

* Online play will be free initially but will require a Gold/PS+ style sub from the autumn. No word on the monthly/annual fee yet though but you get to download an NES or SNES game a month, but there are rumours they will only last that month then expire  ..... If this is true it is so stupid its unbelievable specially if there going to ask for Gold/PS+ kind of money.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:05 am

I was initially interested but that interest is waning by the day, I was thinking of pre-ordering then that changed to maybe later in the year. Now I don't think even that will happen. Pricing is all wrong for me, console, games (Zelda is £60!), accessories. I just think Nintendo has made a pigs ear of it.

Bottom line is I would probably only play two games on it this year, and I'm not paying £280 for that. Zelda will be amazing, that's a given, but I can borrow my nephews Wii U to play that if I want. I don't play handhelds anymore, so even it's main USP doesn't do anything for me. There may be a market for it but I don't think I'm part of it.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum