The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So PT has been taken of the playstation store and is not re-downloadable either

4 posters

Go down

So PT has been taken of the playstation store and is not re-downloadable either Empty So PT has been taken of the playstation store and is not re-downloadable either

Post by kerr9000 Wed May 06, 2015 9:10 am

So PT has been taken of the playstation store and is not re-downloadable either Silent-hill

So by now everyone has heard that the new Silent Hill game has been cancelled which to most people seems like a crying shame, we also knew that the Demo for it called PT was due to be removed from the playstation store which sort of made sense after all why have a demo for something which will never come out? (At least not in its current form)

Well there is now a new chapter to the tale for not only has PT been taken down but they have gone the extra mile, PT has been removed From PSN to the extent that it can't even be re-Downloaded by those who have previously had it on there hardrive. Now usually when a game, a demo, or whatever is removed from  PSN, it still remains on there servers so that those who had got it while it was available can download it again if they need to. For Example Microsoft have removed some of the old Marvel games where rights seem to have changed hands but when I swapped from one 360 to another I was able to reclaim them.

So, long story short if you have PT on your PS4, don’t delete it cause you might not ever be able to get it back.. Im not about to do this because I dont really have the time or room but I kind of think someone should copy all the PT data from there hard drive and store it so this thing doesnt eventually just vanish in the mists of time.

Last edited by cal_el on Wed May 06, 2015 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made the text smaller! Ctrl+Shift+V to paste as plain text is your friend ;))
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

So PT has been taken of the playstation store and is not re-downloadable either Empty Re: So PT has been taken of the playstation store and is not re-downloadable either

Post by cal_el Wed May 06, 2015 12:37 pm

It is a real shame that P.T. has been removed from PSN entirely. It shows that whatever Konami are doing in the big re-shuffle that they mean business for better or worse.

It also shows a problem with digital products. Once they're gone they are gone for good! P.T. is now only available on consoles that have it installed on it prior to its removal.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

So PT has been taken of the playstation store and is not re-downloadable either Empty Re: So PT has been taken of the playstation store and is not re-downloadable either

Post by megablast16 Wed May 06, 2015 3:05 pm

I've still got PT on my PS4, even though I haven't actually played it since it originally came out. I haven't got any plans to delete it, and I'll probably just keep it on there as a curiosity, but I'm not as bothered as some people about losing it forever tbh. It was just a clever marketing demo after all.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed May 06, 2015 11:06 pm

Exactly - the only time it's bad is if it's a game you have paid for. This was a demo, that had no intention of replaying, so why would anyone really be fussed it's gone. The hype was months ago, not now.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Sun May 10, 2015 10:21 pm

People were selling machines with it on on ebay apparently for a good profit and then ebay started throwing them off... not massively important but kind of a cool little addition to the tale.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Mon May 11, 2015 6:31 am

Yeah I heard about that, over a £1000 apparently some of them! And some people were willing to pay it!
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon May 11, 2015 6:59 am

That's incredible. It is an admittedly good demo but why pay for it let alone that much?!!

Snappy threat title by the way!
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Mon May 11, 2015 7:38 am

It will only get rarer as time goes on which means if there is still demand prices for a PS4 with it installed will increase.

EDIT: The only problems with this being that the person selling it will have to give up their PSN account with the console and not shift the Primary License to another PS4.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Mon May 11, 2015 1:31 pm

I consider myself as much a collector as I am a gamer so I am glad PT is on my system.... I wouldn't dream of selling it though.  Someone really should rip the raw files from there hardrive and see if they can store it or make it playable somewhere else so people can sample it without crazy cash swapping hands.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down