The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Wish List

+5
Moozo
PorcusHawk
cal_el
CPC6128
Wolvieware
9 posters

Go down

Christmas Wish List  Empty Christmas Wish List

Post by cal_el Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Basically what games are people hoping to get/give for Christmas?

For me it is Smash Bros Wii U and a couple of Amiibos. 

Heck I have already started buying them!
Christmas Wish List  10845943_10100195633807923_1195654366529339105_n

I've also got a few tabletop games on my wish list that I am really hoping to get my mits on Very Happy
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Christmas Wish List  Empty Re: Christmas Wish List

Post by kerr9000 Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:50 pm

I know 4 games I am getting 2 from my fiancee and 2 from my dad. My Dads got me Metro and Shadow warrior for the PS4.. My fiance has gotten me Killer Instinct and Project Spark for the Xbox one.

I think my daughter got me 2 xbox 360 games from the sales but not sure which so looking forward to finding out.

I have brought some games related stuff for my family as well

I have brought my fiancée Disney Infinity 2 for the 360 with the 3 figures it comes with and then brought her the Tinkerbelle figure as well because that's her favourite character.

Ive brought my daughter a basic wii u with nintendo land and wii u party and a 32gig sd memory card.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm getting a game but I don't know which one yet!

I often get Ass Creed games for Xmas but Unity seems too buggy. So I'm choosing between Shadow of Mordor or Far Cry 4. Happy to receive advice!
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:16 am

sorenlorensen wrote:I'm getting a game but I don't know which one yet!

I often get Ass Creed games for Xmas but Unity seems too buggy. So I'm choosing between Shadow of Mordor or Far Cry 4. Happy to receive advice!

I haven't played Shadow Of Mordor but I'm deep into Far Cry 4 at the moment and it's excellent, definitely worth having.

As for me, I know I'm getting GTAV on PS4 and I usually get some GAME gift cards.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:04 am

I might be getting MotoGP 14, LBP3, Lego Batman 3 or Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. Could be all, one or neither.

I've bought my brother Far Cry 4.

As for which is better between Mordor and FC, I think Mordor is over rated and a slog. I've not played FC, but if you played 3 and want more of the same it sounds like it might be the better choice.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:30 am

I got Shadow of Mordor and I am really enjoying it... I think the cheapest place for it at the moment is Amazon for 27.  Id pick that personally but everyone's going to have a different opinion.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:56 am

I've asked Santa for:

Wolfenstein (PS4)
Tearaway (Vita)
Lightning Returns (PS3)

I have a sneaky suspicion that Mrs CPC has bought me an Xbox One. If I do get one, what games do I need to get?
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Apart from Far Cry 4 (which I know I'm getting) there's literally no other games that I want so I'm asking for giftcards etc.

Thankfully, family and friends know NOT to pick up just any game on a whim, else I end up getting shit like Destiny, GTAV, CoD etc and would have to feign gratitude. * Not meaning to sound like an ungrateful bastard, it's just that I wouldn't want them to waste their hard-earned on such crap.

Last edited by PorcusHawk on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:13 pm

well I cant stay off Forza 5 on mine....

Having determined I prefer the PS4 I am basically trying to stick to the exclusives when it comes to XBOX ... shame you only just think your getting one now a couple off days ago it was only 10quid to download titan fall and its season pass togther.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:14 pm

CPC6128 wrote:I've asked Santa for:

Wolfenstein (PS4)
Tearaway (Vita)
Lightning Returns (PS3)

I have a sneaky suspicion that Mrs CPC has bought me an Xbox One. If I do get one, what games do I need to get?
Halo: The Master Chief Collection and grab the current Game with Gold through the Xbox website
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:16 pm

CPC6128 wrote:If I do get one, what games do I need to get?

I've heard a lot of good things about D4, especially if you've a thing for the weird and wacky of Swery 65. So far the only thing on Xbox One that really appeals to me although not enough on its own to make me spring for one, more so as it apparently works a hell of a lot better with Kinect *shudders*
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:02 pm

CPC6128 wrote:

Sunset Overdrive is a lot of fun, although the humour and music is very American, which might not be to everybody's taste. I also enjoyed Max: Curse Of The Brotherhood a lot too.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Sunset Overdrive nearly tempted me for an Xbox One so if I did get one I'd be after that
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:58 pm

I think I'll go for FC4. Shame Unity has had the bad press - nothing says Xmas more to me over the past few years that assassinating folk.

Wives that buy consoles? [high fives CPC]
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:20 pm

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/assassin-s-creed-unity-xbox-one          20quid for Unity doesnt sound bad though.    I would have got it but went for the current Game offer of Evil Within for 22.50 from Game.(I went with the PS4 version).
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:54 pm

sorenlorensen wrote:I think I'll go for FC4. Shame Unity has had the bad press - nothing says Xmas more to me over the past few years that assassinating folk.

Wives that buy consoles? [high fives CPC]

There are assassination missions in Far Cry 4 too, so you'll still be able to indulge your murderous Xmas tendencies.  Cool
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:37 am

Woo hoo!

Edit

Just heard there's a patch for Unity on Monday. Might wait until that's out before making a final call...
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:12 am

There aren't any games I want but a new PS4 controller would be nice. Right trigger has seen some use in the last year or so!
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:19 pm

So how did people do?

I was very lucky this year, I did well with my games (not so well with DVDs this year though, and I love my DVDs). But I got Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Gold Edition, Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (with Lego Plastic Man Figure) and MotoGP 14. 

I feel very fortunate right now. In fact the only game currently out that I have a remote interest in but havn't played is LittleBigPlanet 3. So I am very much up to date with my gaming thanks to this Xmas.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:04 pm

I got Killer instinct and Project Spark for the xbox one  from my Fiancee

Metro Redux and Shadow Warrior for the ps4 from my dad

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z and Metal gear revengence for the xbox 360 from my daughter

I also Had 45 quid of Amazon vouchers so added 2 quid to that and orderd Assasins creed unity (22quid) for ps4 and Little big planet (25 quid) and order them they arrive sunday apparently. This came in the form of several vouchers from my auntie, cousin and one of my brothers.

I won 40quid on a XMas scratch card and used it to buy a xbox one controller for 33quid off amazon. Then got a 10 discount off any xbox one game as part of a deal they are doing so orderd Sleeping dogs as it was only 19.99 so   9.99 after the use of the discount.

My other brother got me poundland after shave.... a little annoyed by this as I spent about 85quid on him, his wife and his 6 kids (I got pound land after shave, my fiancee got a 4quid pamper type set and my daughter got a 10 pound note).. I need to grow a memory and remember who gets me great stuff and who gets me pound land stuff and make sure I spend with this in mind  lol
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:03 am

Not a lot games wise, GTAV on PS4 and some GAME gift cards totaling £80.

I played Temple Of Osiris last week Wolvie but wasn't that enamoured with it, I didn't think it was as good as Guardian Of Light.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum