The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently completed game(s)

+7
CPC6128
sorenlorensen
aaroncupboard
PorcusHawk
Wolvieware
MarkySharky
kerr9000
11 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Recently completed game(s) - Page 6 Empty Re: Recently completed game(s)

Post by kerr9000 Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:44 pm

WWE 2K15 finished the story mode and got the main belt.. took me like 14 hours in total. Its a decent game but they could still do so much better with it.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Just finished up Life Is Strange: Episode 2.

A bit of a slow burner of an episode with not much going on early but damn, it built up to a brilliantly intense conclusion, one which could have worked out a lot better had I made the right choices.

The closing events really highlighted what a fantastic job Dontnod have done in making your decisions matter and it's going to be very interesting to see how the game continues next episode after that conclusion. I certainly feel that this shits over anything that the seriously overrated (IMO) Telltale Games are responsible for.

As in the opening episode, the atmosphere and soundtrack (good ones of which I'm a sucker for) are absolutely spot-on, really strong and believable characters and the story is building really nicely.

Without a doubt one of the most pleasant surprises of the year, assuming it continues in a similar vein.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:54 am

Unfortunately, I've been a bit ill over the Easter break. Fortunately, what that has meant, is lots of gaming time. And so I have gone and completed Assassins Creed: Unity. And when I say complete, I mean it. Every single mission, Paris story, coop mission, social mission, collected every chest, every cockade, solved all enigmas and murders. The only thing I havn't done are the Helix Missions, because they are shit. Otherwise this game is as fully complete as I can get it. And its brilliant.

Although the story mode is perhaps not brilliant. It's a pretty passable story. Arno doesn't really make much of an impact, and there's annoying threads that are unresolved. It was a pretty dull story to be honest. But the story mode is just the tip of the iceberg in this game, and everytime you put the game on, it was hard not to get distracted by all the other ancillary material included.

Where this game succeeds is its fantastic recreation of Paris. With its stunning graphics, and seemingly accurate portrayal of 18th Century France, I can honestly say this game was a wonder to explore, to spend time in. I was very happy to just while away time running around, climbing, opening chests. This is something that Black Flag did as well, and now seems to be the main point of the AC games - creating a historically accurate area and filling it with lots of things to do. It was better than the single player story. I wish there was a time counter, because I would like to know how much time I've spent on this game - it could well be my most played game on PS4. 

It's not a perfect game, but I doubt a game this vast ever will be. Those Helix missions are just rubbish, and could have been dropped, as could any of the references to modern day. But when stalking Paris rooftops, clad in your Assassin robes, and seeing the view from atop Notre Dame, now that I have completed this game, I think I might miss it.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Completed Deus Ex: The Fall (iOS) this week. A lot of fun although I would have felt a bit gutted paying full price as it's quite short considering.

However, easily some of the best touch controls for an iPhone FPS game and an interesting story.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Completed Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea ep2. Really enjoyed it, much better than ep1. You play as Elizabeth and it is more stealthy than ep1 (or BI generally).  It reminded me of a good Thief game.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:35 pm

sorenlorensen wrote:Completed Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea ep2. Really enjoyed it, much better than ep1. You play as Elizabeth and it is more stealthy than ep1 (or BI generally).  It reminded me of a good Thief game.
I've still got episode to play. Glad to hear it's good.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:19 am

Completed Battlefield Hardline this week.  I would say it has been my second favourite Battlefield campaign.  The use of stealth worked very well and was mixed with some nice action set pieces.  The variety in levels was great and I really enjoyed the ott style of the latter ones.  Even the story was enjoyable in its cliched, simple basicness.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:06 pm

Finished The Adventure of Link.

Loved it, cannot really see why it gets all the hate it does. Well I kind of can from the last section but all you really need it patience to get through it.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:27 pm

I've just completed Battlefield Hardline, and its brilliant. It's quite possibly the freshest, best FPS single player game I've played for a few years. The cops angle is actually really good, and arresting people throughout the campaign does not get boring. Moving away from the military has also given it a crime thriller story line, which is much more interesting than megalomaniacal army sergeant taking over World War 3, and also allows for some truly varies levels - swamps, to stadiums, to houses, to skyscrapers - the variety of locations also keeps things unique, in relation to other recent FPS. It is a little cliched, and is still a standard FPS underneath, but there's enough differences to the norm to make it much more engaging game than either Battlefields 3 or 4 and most CODs. If you want to play a shooter, but moan about generic war games, and COD is leaving you colder year after year, this is the shooter for you.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:48 am

Saw the credits to Rayman Legends on the Xbox One  still lots I can unlock though
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:44 am

Just finished up Bloodborne, have posted some spoiler-free thoughts in the game-specific thread.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:41 am

Just completed Forza Horrizon 2 presents the fast and the furious... Its only about 3 hours long but I enjoyed playing it in little bursts here and there and it inspired me to buy Forza Horrizon 2.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:34 pm

I finished The Order 1886 last night.  Looked fantastic and I loved the setting.  However, the gunplay was a bit shonky and the story was predictable and unoriginal.  And there were a few odd gameplay choices - the ability to pick up and examine objects for no discernible reason, for example - that smacked of being a cut-down version of something the developer didn't have time to include.  The ephemera that you could pick up  and read or listen to in the archive were far less successful in painting a picture of the world than how they are used in similar games - the Bioshocks, Dishonored, even Ass Creed - which again smacked of rushing the game out.

I like games set in London (and historic London even more so) but there were a few things that jarred - for example a newspaper report referring to dockers as longshoremen (the North American equivalent) and a location early on being 'Something Plaza' where you wouldn't expect something to be called a plaza in this era in London.  Small pedantic points perhaps, but easy to get right (5 minutes on wikipedia, guys!) and getting them wrong just yanked me out of the setting.

There was the kernel of a good game though and I've never seen a console game look this good.  Hopefully it gets  a sequel and that it will be the Assassin's Creed II to this game's Assassin's Creed
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by CPC6128 Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 pm

I finished The Wolf Among Us this week, the first Telltale game I have finished.

I found it very enjoyable, mainly because Bigby Wolf was such a great protagonist, walking that fine line between doing the right thing and bending the rules to do so. I loved the comic book artistry which made me feel I was playing a graphic novel come to life. The ending left hints that the story could continue and I hope it does.
CPC6128
CPC6128

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed May 06, 2015 11:11 pm

I completed Peggle 2 tonight and will admit to being disappointed with it. It's taken me ages to complete because I could never drym up enthusiasm to play it. The first game was addictive and it was a struggle to stop playin. Essentially the sequel is exactly the same, I cannot work out any differences between the two games, but ultimately, 2 was just boring. It was a mush of colour and noise and was unengaging. There's a challenge mode which doubles the amount of game, but having completed each puzzle, I really don't feel like going back for challenges. Also, a small point, but I really hated how the option to go the store to buy DLC was the first option on the menu screen and popped up in almost every menu. Just insulting.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Fri May 08, 2015 9:20 pm

I've won all the cups in Football Director DS so I'm considering it completed.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sat May 16, 2015 11:06 pm

And I completed Never Alone tonight too - took about 3 hours. It's a game of two halves. The first half is a good opening of discovering this culture and fun and simple platforming with some nice moments. But there's a plot twist halfway through which changes the gameplay in quite a big way and not in a good way. Suddenly the controls are sluggish and I got fed up with the sudden deaths from poorly signposted platforming or iffy controls. It ruined the game in a way.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Sun May 17, 2015 7:04 am

I actually stopped playing after the moment you mention.  The game mechanics suddenly become terrible and frustrating.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Wed May 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Just finished Episode 3 of Life Is Strange and wow! Dontnod have managed to knock it out the fucking park again.

I couldn't wait to see how things played out after the shocking finale of the previous episode (in which I could have had a better ending) and I was curious to see how things would play out following that conclusion. It's hard to say much else due to spoilers etc.

Needless to say, Dontnod did not disappoint, the atmosphere throughout this episode perfectly reflected the previous events, so much so, I'm really going to struggle resisting doing another playthrough to see how differently things COULD have played out (I've promised myself that any second playthrough must wait until I've played all five episodes).

They have continued to add depth to the principal characters, the storyline is gripping as heck and the atmosphere throughout is just incredible.

As for the finale of this latest episode, holy fucking shit, another major game changer and the story feels like a whole new ball game now. Another brilliant cliffhanger which means that the next six weeks or so are going to be torture to get through, thank fuck for The Witcher 3 to keep me occupied.

You always take a gamble when buying the complete season of episodic games in advance, in fact I've never felt compelled to previously, but I was sold after the demo of the first episode and so far, Dontnod have not disappointed in the slightest. In another year where the likes of Bloodborne or The Witcher 3 didn't exist, this would definitely be Game of the Year material, yes, it's just that fucking good.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri May 22, 2015 3:14 pm

I love Life Is Strange, I've just finished Episode 3 too and the game has really found it's stride now with the best episode yet. The big twist at the end left me gobsmacked, I never saw that coming. Can't wait for Episode 4 now to see how this turn of events plays out, I'm guessing you'll have the option to reverse what you did or stick with it at some stage.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:42 am

Just complete Valiant Hearts: The Great War and it was brilliant. I do love history and particularly war history. The game itself is nothing special. The puzzling elements are initially fun but do become a bit repetitive and dull towards the end. But it should be praised for its moving comic book style and it's great representation of war and that era - both on the frontline and Homefront. I particularly liked all the facts. A sequel for WWII would be appreciated.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:24 am

Finished The Last of Us remastered and Left Behind. What can I say that hasn't already been said? A true classic. 

I'd not played Left Behind before and felt that was a tidy piece of story telling, filling in some gaps.

I'm torn on a sequel. While I want to go back to the world Naughty Dog created, I like how Joel and Ellie's story ended. Maybe a new story in the same world but with different characters with only a few minimal cross overs.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:40 am

Finished Sniper Elite 3 on co-op on 360 at the weekend.  Enjoyed it greatly.  It was more like the first game than the second, being more stealthy (just what you want from a sniper game). I'd have liked a British rather than US antagonist (particularly as North Africa was a British and Commonwealth theatre) but that's the market to go for if you're a smaller publisher, I suppose.

I also finished eps 3 and 4 of Game of Thrones on PS4.  More of the same from Telltale but good nonetheless.  You do get the feeling that there are more interesting stories happening in Westoros than the one you're playing though...
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:21 am

Completed The Witcher 3 last night, just outstanding throughout and one of the best (maybe even THE best) games that I have ever played.

Actually quite depressing to think that it may never be topped.

Would love to say more but there's no way I'd want to run the risk of spoiling any of what lies ahead for those still playing.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 am

I decided to crack on with the story quest last week and I'm now approaching the end of Act Two. There's still quite a few Witcher contracts and side missions left though and a shit load of those tantalisng ? all over the maps. 

Is there a point of no return or can you continue in free play once the story's finished?
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next