The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloodborne

4 posters

Go down

Bloodborne Empty Bloodborne

Post by PorcusHawk Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Sony have released a video demonstration of Bloodborne with gameplay footage from Gamescom Very Happy 

Need I say anything else?
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Bloodborne Empty Re: Bloodborne

Post by cal_el Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:30 am

It is looking mighty fine! The combat seems speedier compared to Dark Souls which is interesting. Also I love the Victorian/Gothic feel to the game.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:40 am

It's looking good, with this and Witcher 3 out about the same time February 2015 can't come soon enough.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:26 am

Japanese release date announced at Sony's pre-TGS press conference - February 5th 2015. No word on the western release yet but I can't see it being too far behind.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:12 pm

megablast16 wrote:Japanese release date announced at Sony's pre-TGS press conference - February 5th 2015. No word on the western release yet but I can't see it being too far behind.

How long was it between the releases of Demon's/Dark Souls in Japan to the West?
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:52 pm

cal_el wrote:How long was it between the releases of Demon's/Dark Souls in Japan to the West?

According to wiki (because that's always so reliable Laughing) it took 8 months to come to North America and a further 8 months to hit these shores. That was a different situation though, in that, I don't believe it was initially intended for Demon's to be released outside of the East.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it around May/June on these shores, largely because those February releases are already piling up and I'd have thought From/Sony would like to spread those exclusive releases out.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:02 pm

PorcusHawk wrote:
cal_el wrote:How long was it between the releases of Demon's/Dark Souls in Japan to the West?

According to wiki (because that's always so reliable Laughing) it took 8 months to come to North America and a further 8 months to hit these shores. That was a different situation though, in that, I don't believe it was initially intended for Demon's to be released outside of the East.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it around May/June on these shores, largely because those February releases are already piling up and I'd have thought From/Sony would like to spread those exclusive releases out.

Yeah I don't think it will be anything like that for Bloodborne, March/April maybe, more in line with Dark Souls.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm

It seems Sony are sending out Alpha Test Invites to a lucky few. I don't know the criteria but keep an eye on your emails.

I'm guessing if you have played Demon's/Dark Souls on PS3 you have a chance of getting a code.
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 pm

I got the Alpha Test invite email. You still need to sign up, and if successful will be emailed a code. 

I've applied, but not that interested. I will choose to give my code to TPM (if he doesn't already have one), or any others on here who have a genuine interest in the game. If you all get one, I might as well give it a go myself...
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:24 am

Wolvieware wrote:I've applied, but not that interested. I will choose to give my code to TPM (if he doesn't already have one

Appreciate that a lot Wolvie  Very Happy. I did get the email and have applied so fingers crossed I do get in.

The EU release date has now been confirmed as February 5th so it's not to far away and it's good to know that we'll not be kept waiting till after our Eastern friends have the game, although it means that that particular month is becoming expensive.

New trailer to celebrate: 

PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:35 pm

February's rammed all of a sudden, Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 look amazing and day one purchases. Then there's Evolve and The Order: 1886, both of which I'm less convinced about but could still be very good.

Looks like some peripheral family members wont be getting presents this Christmas, priorities!
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Any codes that don't go to TPM can go to me Very Happy
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:25 pm

I've recieved a beta code. Anyone else?

Apparently it is only on at these very limited times:
The Alpha Test will be open for a limited time on the following days:
Wednesday October 1st 19:00~22:00 (CET), 18:00~21:00 (BST)
Friday October 3rd 19:00~22:00 (CET), 18:00~21:00 (BST)
Sunday October 5th 19:00~22:00 (CET), 18:00~21:00 (BST)

My offer still stands - TPM first dibs...
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:18 am

I didn't receive a code but I've heard from people who did and have been playing the Alpha. They say the game is amazing, all the best things of Demon's/Dark Souls but more dynamic and better looking. Having no shield but including regenerating health ups the risk/reward quota considerably apparently.

Last edited by megablast16 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:28 am

Wolvieware wrote:My offer still stands - TPM first dibs...

Oh wow! Yes please Wolvie bounce cheers 

I didn't receive a code and reading the thoughts of those who were enjoying it on my twitter timeline when the first testing period was on inspired the kind of insane jealousy that I'd forgotten was within in me Evil or Very Mad
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:19 pm

I got the Alpha added to my account by calling in a favour at work (chuffed that I am able to do such things!) and gave it a quick go. I was very impressed. The gameplay is nice and quick while still being challenging and the graphics are amazing.

And that's all I can say thanks to the NDA!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Made the most of my 3 hours tonight, thanks again Wolvie Very Happy.

Don't really want to say much just in case of any NDA, although I didn't see any mention of one. I did wonder how I may feel about the faster pace and increased need to be aggressive as that wasn't really my playstyle in the Souls' series. I needn't have worried, felt f'ing awesome. Felt really fresh despite the obvious Souls influence, looked fantastic, atmospheric as fuck and some great level design which seem to hark back to that of Demon's Souls.

Beat the boss and then messed around with a couple of the different pre-set builds, all equally fun and will explore those a little more on Sunday.

The countdown to February 6th can now begin in earnest Very Happy
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:47 am

Bloodborne has been delayed by a few weeks and will now be released in late March - 27th in the UK -  instead of early February. Bit of a bummer but, to be honest, February was too rammed anyway and it will give me more time to enjoy The Witcher 3, so it's not too bad.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:19 am

Playstation Access unboxes the Bloodborne Knightmare and Collector's editions.

megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:33 am

I am so on the fence about getting this Sad

It's getting really good reviews and while I didn't finish Dark Souls I really enjoyed what I played. While I can afford it my main detractor at the moment is time. I've got too many other games on the go at the moment and to little time to play them in! The thought of adding another one to the pile is worrying Laughing
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:41 am

I've got £50 of credit with ShopTo from trade-ins, so I'll probably order it from there later in the week.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:26 pm

My copy is on the way Very Happy

As some of you may be aware my broadband has been fucked for the last week and I was getting concerned that I may have to start the game in offline mode, which is far from ideal. Thankfully, I'm back online just in time and I can't freaking wait.

I've also not really had the opportunity to look in-depth into any reviews (the cost of mobile data was crippling me) but I'm glad to see it seems to be highly regarded. That said, I was always going to buy, whatever the reviews said.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down