The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Playing

+8
Wolvieware
dste01
aaroncupboard
PorcusHawk
kerr9000
sorenlorensen
MarkySharky
CPC6128
12 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 3 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by sorenlorensen Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:45 pm

I've been having a bash at the Freedom Cry dlc for ACIV. I'm enjoying 
It. It seems more combat oriented than the main game - Adewale can do some mischief win a machete and a blunderbuss Very Happy .

I've also been playing a few tables of Zen Pinball 2 - The Walking Dead one (pretty good) and the South Park ones (one good, one okish; both a bit bright on the eyes at 1am!). I have my doubts that the PS4 triggers are as effective for pinball games as the 360's, which were great.

Handheld wise I'm playing the new(ish) Broken Sword game on vita, episode 1. Good if you like Broken Sword games but won't win any converts (I do like them Very Happy).
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm now playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. So far, so unimpressed. The opening is rushed and confusing - it does not set out its story well, nor the games features. It's opening tutorial is swift, and just throws control combos at you that I'm not really sure what I'm meant to be pressing, and the set up seems a little on the awkward side even if I was sure what I was meant to press.

Once I actually got going, it wasn't too bad. The map is good, and presented in that engaging way that makes me want to see all the sections, and uncover each area, a bit like Assassins Creed. But in this small open world, there just seems to be orcs and enemies hovering around EVERYWHERE, and its irritating to just want to get to a mission start point without being attacked. I have enjoyed the one main mission I did though, but the rest of the time was slightly boring exploration, an ok side mission and seemingly endless combat. 

Perhaps I'm just spoiled by Black Flag. Or perhaps this gets better the more you play, which would justify the high reviews scores, and there's certainly an idea of depth to the game, which at my early stage hasn't affected my play yet.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:39 am

Yeah just ignore the story for Shadow of Mordor it is piss poor. The core game though is a breath of fresh air. This is my surprise game of the year for me so far Smile
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:20 am

After completing Lords of the Fallen for a second time already (this time with a rogue build) I'm trying to force myself into taking a small break from it, so I thought I'd give the Vita some loving.

My backlog on the machine was beginning to build and I was also starting to struggle for space on the memory card, fuck buying another card at those rip-off prices, so I thought I'd best clear some games.

Returned to Gravity Rush, which I believe I'm close to wrapping up. A really solid game which I've been enjoying a lot, although I am finding myself struggling a little with the combat. Then again, the fragmented playthrough hasn't helped.

Also been getting back to New Little King's Story. My all-time favourite Wii game and whilst the bulk of the game has remained the same, there have been a few changes and unfortunately none of them have been for the better. A couple of the boss battles have also been changed and they've also lost something with those changes. That said, it's still a really enjoyable game but it's just a pity that we couldn't have got a straight port (yes I know that some would have complained). I'm close to reaching the end in that too, I just hope that the last few bosses/endgame hasn't been changed too much either.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:05 pm

I'm playing Watch Dogs, which I picked up a couple of weeks ago.  Only 2-3 hours in at present and, as with a lot of sandbox games, I'm still feeling my way into the world and what I can do in it.  

Nothing like playing another open world game to make me appreciate Rockstar more...

I'm also playing Xcom Enemy Unknown for the third time, this time on iOS.  Quality stuff but I think I enjoy the console interface more.

And have started playing the dlc tracks on Mario Kart 8, released today.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Im on my 3rd go at enemy unknown as well.. did it on xbox then ps3 and now on pc
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:06 am

Now playing Assassins Creed: Unity. And it's gorgeous! This is truly the best looking game I have ever seen. Also, as much as I think it's a boring setting, it's recreated stunningly with a proper French atmosphere and environment. Gameplay wise so so Ass Creed - I've opened chests and done a few story missions. I cannot see how you get to play coop though....
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Currently playing Resident Evil: Deadly Silence on the DS.

I've never completed the first Resi and I'm rather enjoying it so far.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:35 pm

dste01 wrote:Currently playing Resident Evil: Deadly Silence on the DS.

I've never completed the first Resi and I'm rather enjoying it so far.
The normal version or the stabby DS mode? Could never get on with the latter but the former works well on DS.
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:11 pm

I went for the classic mode using Jill as when I started it on the bus I didn't know what the difference was between the two versions.

I presume that I am nearing the end which is a shame.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:57 pm

I am playing Infamous Second son... Had it ages but didnt seem to click with it. Gave it another go and now I cant keep off of it.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:01 pm

I've really fancied playing Hitman recently so started Absolution again yesterday. Man what a game. I love everything about the Hitman games.

I even started playing on the hardest difficulty 'purist'. No HUD, no hints. more enemies etc. That's not normally my thing but the genuine satisfaction when it all comes together after a bit of trial and error is immense.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:47 pm

I really don't like Hitman games at all but have to say that even I really liked that Absolution.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:00 pm

I loved absolution apart from when I was halfway through and it somehow deleted my save.... its a real measure of how good a game it is that I started again
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:25 pm

I've had Absolution since the beginning of the year but have yet to play it, mainly due to my 360 not being set up.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:52 pm

dste01 wrote:I've had Absolution since the beginning of the year but have yet to play it, mainly due to my 360 not being set up.
You're missing out. Great game.
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:43 am

dste01 wrote:I've had Absolution since the beginning of the year but have yet to play it, mainly due to my 360 not being set up.

You're not missing out, not a good game at all. Just a counter-opinion Wink

O/T: Still playing the shit out of Tales of Hearts R which is shaping up to be in the running for my GotY, the best game I've ever played on Vita and also my second favourite ever Tales game. Yes, I'm loving it that much.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:27 am

Why didn't you like it?
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:11 pm

MarkySharky wrote:Why didn't you like it?

TBF, I didn't play it for long. Maybe a few hours just to get through the first three or four missions, however, that was long enough for me to realise it just wasn't my thing. 

For a game that was supposed to be about stealth and one that supposedly encouraged improvisation, I just didn't find that to be the case. From what little I remember it was far too easy to get through the missions that I completed just doing the same old shit with very little need to change things up and I just found the thing to be incredibly dull, I should add that it has been a while since I attempted to play it so my memory may be failing me, perhaps I need to give it another look to refresh myself (after all, it's still clogging up space on the PS3's HDD), I'd rather not however.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:19 pm

I thought it told a good story and was very cinematic. It had an "easy" option in every level - I think to make the game accessible and casual. I took that easy option every time and still really enjoyed it. But I always felt there was room for improvisation and experimenting with different skills in each level. If anything it was just on a much smaller scale as level maps in other games were much bigger. This told a flowing storyline but at the cost of smaller and shorter levels.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Now playing Pure Pool (PS4). I'm always a bit tempted by a pool game, there's something very appealing about them. And this game certainly has the looks - exquisitely shiny graphics and presentation, and top notch control and physics. It's just a shame the game lets itself down in so many other ways. It's got a real lack of content. It's focus is multiplayer it seems, and there were no matches to be found. There is a career mode which starts off with a amateur championship, but the AI is so tough even on the easy setting it still took about 10 attempts to beat my second opponent which is just ridiculous. It could frequently clear the table in one go and on easy that's not sporting! So a game that looks and plays great with a terrible lack of content. I really don't see me playing this much, but I guess it's there when I get the pool itch, and it just about makes the £4.50 worthwhile.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by dste01 Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:04 am

Started playing The World Ends With You on DS.

Currently on day 3 already but I get the feeling that the missions will start taking longer and that there is more depth to it. Either way I'm liking it so far.
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:02 pm

I always wanted to get that game dste never got round to it... opinion seems to be mixed from good game but theres better rpg's to the second coming of awesomeness level so will be interesting to hear what you make of it when you've been at it for awile.

I just started Destiny... yes once again I am massively behind the curve  lol
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Now playing Worms Battlegrounds. I do like a good Worms game, and have enjoyed many a good multiplayer session with Marky and when this was in the sale I couldn't resist. Worms games haven't really changed for over a decade now and this is exactly the same as you know it. A bad thing perhaps, but good for a nostalgia kick. All the weapons are pleasingly the same, and I havnt even seen new ones yet. 

It's still multiplayer focussed naturally, but it does seem like single player is a bit more meatier than previous games. It starts with a storyline that is silly but more than decent enough to hang the levels on. What seems intriguing is that the levels seemed quite linear, and I had to work my way through a short obstacle course to reach the enemy worms. I hope this continues as it makes the single player feel more focussed than just random death matches. Would love to play online, but unlikely as I won't play randoms, but there seems enough content to make the current sale price worth it.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by PorcusHawk Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:51 am

Still playing Dragon Age Inquisition and bloody loving it.

Hit a pretty nasty difficulty spike in a fairly early story mission a couple of days ago and finally got through the battle yesterday. On completion of said mission (which was fucking incredible by the way), the game really opened up and it actually felt that it was only truly beginning, bearing in mind that due to my OCD nature and the fact that game worlds like this are not meant to be rushed through, I'd already put 30+ hours into the game Shocked.

I was already impressed by the wealth of content in the game so seeing even more expansive new areas becoming available just fucking blew my mind.

Also not forgetting the number of hours that I've already put into the multiplayer too, although the map selection on that is severely limited at the moment.

I know that Far Cry 4 is one of my Christmas presents as I had tried to blag it early. However, I'm now pleased that the person who bought it for me didn't give in because there is no way on earth that I'll have to time for it.
PorcusHawk
PorcusHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum