The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Amiga is 30 years old today!

3 posters

Go down

The Amiga is 30 years old today! Empty The Amiga is 30 years old today!

Post by megablast16 Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:43 am

Today marks the 30th birthday of the Amiga, one of the greatest games machines ever. I remember going past a showroom, must have been around 1990 or thereabouts, and seeing Shadow Of The Beast running on an Amiga and my jaw dropping at the graphics and I had to have one after that. Until the SNES came out it was my go to machine for gaming and, although there are too many to mention them all, I played some wonderful games on it. All the stuff from The Bitmap Brothers was solid gold, one of my favourites of their's was Gods - see video, also Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker kept me occupied for hours on end. Then there was Speedball 2, Cannon Fodder, Xenon 2: Megablast, Sensible Soccer, Magic Pockets, Leander - the list is endless.

Anybody else have any fond Amiga memories?

megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

The Amiga is 30 years old today! Empty Re: The Amiga is 30 years old today!

Post by dste01 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Didn't have one growing up but an acquaintance did and I vaguely remember playing on Zool and James Pond.

Got a boxed 500 about three years ago from a local car boot sale. Saw it under a table but figured that the guy would want a lot for it (you know, E-bay prices and all that) so initially left it. As I was leaving I figured no harm in asking and the guy said wanted £12. I asked if it worked and he said that he thought so. Asked if would take a tenner in case it didn't and guy said yeah. Paid the money picked it up and walked off when he shouted after me that I had left the games. Turns out just behind it was three boxes of fantastic condition complete games and loose discs. Was like Shocked 

Couldn't carry them so had to go and get the car to load up the boot. I tested it with Captain Planet and SFII and works a treat. Very Happy
dste01
dste01

Back to top Go down

Post by kerr9000 Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:04 pm

I loved the Amiga 500.. I have a yelow stained one under my bed that cost me 5 pounds. I had one growing up but my brother knocked fizzy pop into it and fried it.

Have to admit its a long time since I have played it but I do have a bash on the games on an emulator from time to time.
kerr9000
kerr9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down