The Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Assassin's Creed Mega-Thread

+7
megablast16
sorenlorensen
dste01
cal_el
PorcusHawk
kerr9000
Wolvieware
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Assassin's Creed Mega-Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Assassin's Creed Mega-Thread

Post by megablast16 Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:21 am

I'm actually more interested in these than the next full blown entry in the series.
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

The Assassin's Creed Mega-Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Assassin's Creed Mega-Thread

Post by Wolvieware Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm

So I completed Unity this weekend, and did every single mission (bar Helix Rifts) and got all collectibles. If anyone is interested, this is what the map looks like once done. I don't have a before shot, but anyone who has the game can assure you, that is a remarkably clear map! 

The Assassin's Creed Mega-Thread - Page 4 11133816_10152669667355303_1763003143093807002_n
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Completed the Dead Kings DLC tonight, and it was pretty good - just more of the same really. It's a decent bit of content - a good extra 10 hours to fully complete it, with all collectibles, and a whole new area to explore. It also includes a new underground cavern area, with a lantern mechanic that was actually quite good. For free, as the DLC eventually was, its a fantastic piece of content. 

So I'm now completely finished with Unity. I'm kinda sad really, I really loved it that much. Still, I'm never going to replay it really, so off to the trade in shop it goes, to help fund my next game.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by sorenlorensen Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Signed up to have a go at the new Ass Creed in London in a couple of weeks, at a lunchtime session.  Not sure if I'll be able to go though, cos of work Crying or Very sad

Update

In the end I didn't go, as I had to go to a meeting Sad.  I have ordered the game though - I liked what I've seen of it and there's just something that appeals in being able to wander around Westminster - where I work - and assassinate folk Smile
sorenlorensen
sorenlorensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:20 pm

AC: Syndicate season pass looks average at best.

ASSASSIN'S CREED SYNDICATE SEASON PASS
·         Jack The Ripper campaign
·         The Last Maharaja mission pack: Discover ten brand-new missions set within London, and join Duleep Singh to reclaim his birthright as the Maharaja. In his quest to reclaim his heritage, he will take on the Templars and test his friendship with the queen.
·         A Long Night exclusive mission: Help Jacob track down an endangered fellow gang member and bring him back to the hideout in a fast-paced, wild, and dangerous ride.
·         Streets of London gameplay pack: Gain access to over one hour of extra gameplay via new missions, and obtain additional weapons, gear, and outfits.
·         Two top-tier sets of gear and weapons: Give your arsenal a steam-powered twist with the Steampunk Pack, and immerse yourself in the most famous novels of the Victorian era with the Victorian Legends Pack. Both sets include state-of-the art gear and weapons, as well as a new outfit.
·         Exclusive XP boost: All Season Pass holders receive an exclusive permanent XP boost.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:29 pm

So Syndicate is the lowest selling main entry AC game ever, based on week 1 sales. 

I love AC, and I've always wanted them to do a Victorian London entry. So how come none of the previews I read or watched excited me? For the first time in the series, I don't really want to play it. And Unity was excellent! I can't even explain my own lack of interest in Syndicate. 

Has anyone here got it?
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkySharky Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:20 pm

The reviews were seemed good?
MarkySharky
MarkySharky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Can't believe this series still sells anything. Well, I can, but you know what I mean.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by megablast16 Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:41 am

Wolvieware wrote:So Syndicate is the lowest selling main entry AC game ever, based on week 1 sales. 

I love AC, and I've always wanted them to do a Victorian London entry. So how come none of the previews I read or watched excited me? For the first time in the series, I don't really want to play it. And Unity was excellent! I can't even explain my own lack of interest in Syndicate. 

Has anyone here got it?

I just can't muster any interest in it at all, I haven't even read any reviews even though it's apparently OK. The series needs a break to be honest, apathy will kill it completely otherwise. That's not going to happen though, Ubisoft are probably already preparing the announcement of AC 2016 for early next year!
megablast16
megablast16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 am

I still think they should have done a splinter series of Black Flag. That would be awesome.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Ubisoft have confirmed no AC for 2016!! affraidaffraidaffraid

Next will be AC:Empire in 2017.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by cal_el Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Hopefully that means that they are going to give the game mechanics a much needed upgrade/rethink. They've traded off what was introduced in ACII for far too long!
cal_el
cal_el
Admin

https://thecheckpoint.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvieware Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Just finished the Jack The Ripper DLC in Syndicate. Where I was disappointed with the main game, this DLC delivered on all expectations. It was perfectly atmospheric with the Jack the Ripper legend, added some interesting fear tactics, and was great fun to play. It had a much more focused storyline, which helped, and mixed up missions with fun detective games. Sections where you played as Jack himself made you feel like an immortal badass. It was a great piece of content, took me about 2 hours to complete. I didn't bother with the side missions though, once again, repetitive boredom I couldn't bear to face.
Wolvieware
Wolvieware

Back to top Go down

Post by aaroncupboard Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:44 pm

I liked the Jack the Ripper stuff.  Although, the side missions really were poor.  Thankfully, the main missions, story and seperate locations really do make it worth it.
aaroncupboard
aaroncupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4